An early Kansas hunt with Dave Smith

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by DEC, May 25, 2017.

1. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

I finally got around to throwing video footage together of my buddy Dave Smith when we met up to hunt in Kansas nearly two months ago. The weather sucked and the birds were tough. Yet we managed to punch 7 out of 8 tags in the few days we were all together. Myself, Matt, Dave, and Brad have been collaborating on some future decoy projects and it has been fun testing out this white faced version of their strutter the past two years. A fun week of hunting with great friends.

Enjoy!

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for posting Dave's hunt and that was great camera work on such a beautiful turkey huntin' day!!
    Golly, I hardly will hunt on a rainy day unless I'm on a trip hunt and have a pop up blind to hunt in!!
    Rainy days do no justice to the beauty of a great tom for picture taking!!;)

I sure saw the difference on my MI hunt, of what the jakes & gobblers think and will do, using my DSD feeding hen and a DSD jake over my 2 full plastic bodied hen flambeau decoys :tu

DEC likes this.
  3. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

Yea I don't think any of us were too excited to actually be hunting because of the weather. The rain that week sucked. But they had flown half way across the country, and I had driven 11 hours, so we hunted. The birds were tough.

stevena198301 likes this.