An independent Scotland from the 18th of September!

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by marsh fox, Sep 12, 2014.

1. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Well the long awaited vote is drawing very near now, my view is that its as good as won now for the Scotish sheep to leave the English fold.
    All i can say is i am very glad my tap roots are no longer on English soil, not sure where things will go here but i doubt anyone but the scotish politicians will benefit from it.
    There is talk of Scotland turning its finacial sittuation around and growing untill unrecognisable.
    I have no idea what will happen long term, but i am sure they will vote to leave next Thursday.
    What sayeth the FUGE BRAIN TRUST?.;)

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

If the vote goes for independence we'll send you Obama so he can get Scotland off to a good start.

No thanks needed and we don't accept returns,

3. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Been following, though not as closely as I'd like.

Will be an interesting historical event.

Not knowing more than I do, I'd say the more independent and the 'closer to home' govt is, the better.

4. The Croc

The Croc Senior Refuge Member

Been reading a lot on this lately, it seems "wee eck" is being very economical with the truth about what happens after the yes vote, ( the no campaign were not much better mind) depending were you read, Scotland could end up in a worse situation

They want to keep the ?, but also want to join the eu, which if they're allowed in they would have to compulsory have the euro, they won't have the option of the opt out that the UK has.

Now this vote is for independence, yet they want to shackle themselves down to the eu and be ruled by Brussels
    Have you been following about ukip, they want to unshackle us from the eu and Brussels, so that GB can be independent again

Think Scotland has to have a long hard think about its future, whichever way they vote I wish them well.
    Personally I hope they stay,

I don't hold a lot of hope for gun owners in an independent Scotland

http://scottishlaw.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/snp-plan-will-ban-most-firearms-as.html
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...-by-one-person-says-kenny-macaskill-1-2326146

5. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I don't know the best course for Scotland. Independence is fraught with risk.

This may lead to a breakup of other countries, such as Spain. The US?

6. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I doubt obama would ever be let go by Americans only fuge members dont like him, the pop stars love him so he is cool. :l:l

Okie! Duno whats going to happen, its looking a bit rocky on the finacial side, from what i can see.
    Just read up a stack on it, watched a few news clips etc. :scratch
    I wish Scotland all the best but its a fair old population up there these days, they got oil but its owned elsewhere i am just not convinced its such a good idea.
    The thing is when its gone its gone they are out period thats been made clear.
    England i bellieve will retain the bank of englands resourses, and in fairness thats what this is all about.
    What i dont want to see is the Scotish parliament have a right good old knees up loose money hand over fist , then come whining back and be let in wellcomed back with open arms at Englands Expence.:(

I have never heard so much anti Scotish talk take place in my lifetime out and about in the North of England.
    It was said only today by some people i over heard talking in a gas station cue, Along the lines of.. What we need is a vote to say do we want to let Scotland stay in not give them the option we should have voted together both countries.. I have to agree with that too, OUT fine! Back in NEVER.
    I doubt this will happen westminster is too soft hearted they will just wellcome them back open armed any time.
    England wont loose financialy the health service alone saps lots of English pounds up there, quite where they are going to find all this money is as of yet a mysterey from what i have seen.
    All very confusing, and i cant see anyone but Scotish parliament politicians gaining anything.
    The gaps closing though they are going to leave from what i can tell.

7. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

As noted above, I think it's an interesting historical vote, but don't understand how Scotland can afford to be autonomous, if nothing other than military support and defense. It doesn't seem like the economy and the population are robust enough to really evolve into anything dynamic.

I wish them luck either way. And I hope that Britain/England/UK politicians overall take a hard look at WHY Scotland is interested in being independent. There's some lessons to be learned if they'd get their heads out long enough to breathe some fresh O2.

8. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Hey Marsh Fox, If Scotland withdraws do you think they will nationalize Balmoral?
    Concerning the oil you mentioned it is owned by "others". Who owns it and what are the royalties paid that would revert to Scotland. Is there ongoing exploration and development of the fields?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

Cant see that CF, the jocks need it could be the only money they got coming in the Balmoral entry fees.:l
    The OIL?
    Bit unsure about that cobber, i got the idea Thatcher had sold it off to fellas from your side of the ditch, but about a year ago, Westminster started saying they were to keep a whip hand over the oil:scratch
    So i am just guessing here England has some strong pull on the oil reserves, but the Scotish parliament side in a video debate i will try and post up, said they were big enough to look after oil, norway looks after theirs and they are smaller than Scotland. :confused:
    So Basicaly.. I got no idea who owns it right now. :sp

That oil debate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgLavQEIF4

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

If Scotland leaves the UK will the UK be called " Not so United Kingdom" or
    " Lesser Great Britain " ?
    Will the British Pound weigh less?
    What will happen to Scotch?