And the Yeti owners rejoiced...

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by sdkidaho, Jan 31, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Prolly talking about that fancy bucket they make, at that price.

tcc likes this.
  2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Opps, you're right. The Roadie that hols a 12 pak is $200. The more serious one , the Tundra that holds a case is $349.

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

My daughters boyfriend is a pipe welder. I made the comment about someone taking his Yeti on his rig trucks. His comeback,.. The cooler is the cheapest thing on the truck

tcc, Duck_Hunter_TX and stevena198301 like this.
  4. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

What ever happened to the days when you were more worried about somebody stealing the food inside of a cooler more than the cooler itself ??? Welcome to the new millennium .......:confused::doh

Sault Ste. Marie likes this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No doubt... There is some serious money on those rigs.

6. Tailfeathers

...and serious money in their wallets.

7. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

At 19, an Associated degree, without his own rig he started some jobs 65-85 an hour, with overtime, time and 1/2. Its crazy what he makes. He is also a bit more talented than most welders. He works through a fellow that directs them to work all over the lower 48. Right now he is in Indiana being paid for an 80 hour week working 25 hours at 65.00 an hour. He quit a job on the Mexico border, he thought the dope packers weren't worth the money.

We bought a Canyon cooler,.. doesnt look like a yeti,.. there are so many of the top end coolers around here. maybe there biggest advantage they dont break bouncing around in the truck or off the ATV
    I did have a 6-pack cooler taken 25 years ago, full of ice, a couple cans of soda, a limit of shrimp and clams, Im sure the punk thought it had beer

8. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

I’ll be damned if I had to worry about some idiot stealing my cooler. I live so far back in the sticks and brush that I have seen a Yeti cooler. I’m too old to get to far from civilization.

9. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

That's the biggest advantage of them for my use too; it's rare I need them to hold ice for days at a time(and for that need I'd buy a 12v fridge instead anyway), but the durability is nice. I've said many times I wish someone would make a rotomolded one with only about an inch of insulation like a regular cooler. You'd get more room inside, good enough insulation for most uses, and lighter weight but with the durability to go with it.

10. Tailfeathers

Do you have ice out there?:joker