And the Yeti owners rejoiced...

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by sdkidaho, Jan 31, 2018.

1. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

Yup, we freeze gallon milk jugs. Free Ice.

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Won't it just chap their hides when thieves show up with a 40 dollar (probably stolen) cordless angle grinder.
    All that money for the cooler and the lock and all that work for the install...all undone in 6 seconds flat.

[​IMG]

WHUP ! Hen and Allan like this.
  3. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Not my idea, but I like it...... its more savage.

[​IMG]

WHUP ! Hen, SB2MAG and Randy like this.
  4. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Im today’s messed up overly vindictive world, if you did that at a boat ramp around here I could almost guarantee there would be a pizzed off guy with bloody fingers waiting in the bushes with a baseball bat or worse when you got back.

5. jjseman

jjseman Senior Refuge Member

go with an RTIC cooler, they'd have to steel two before you're out the price of one yeti. Hell, the thieve might even leave the RTIC alone because he knows you have good taste and a sense of reason for not getting ripped off by yeti - LOL

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I dont hunt in the tundra for a week at a time so I don't need a cooler of that style. My ego is no longer on my sleeve too. Mostly do day trips hunting or fishing.How much ice do you need? My good old colemans serve me just fine. A chest freezer where I make gallon size blocks of ice in plastic paint pails keep me stocked with unlimited ice. 10 steps into the garage, ten steps out and wing them into the boat. I'd rather put the $300 to $600 into a new fishing rods and reels, a new shotgun ( that I really don't need) money towards a new mud motor for the jonboat, or just leave it in the investment account earning interest. To each his own.

WHUP ! Hen, stevena198301 and Randy like this.
  7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I agree, it definitely doesn't sound like you need a rotomolded cooler. I haven't bought a new shotgun for waterfowl since '98 because I have no need. Judging from this place, and other social media, others need to buy one every 4-5 years. I know I used to need to buy a new cooler every few years, and I know I used to have to waste 40+ minutes every weekend we spent at our cabin driving to town for more ice. That's 800 minutes a year for me, and the gas to do it. A good cooler has saved me time and money. I bought mine when there weren't many options. Today I'd definitely shop around, but I'd buy again.

Keith McGowan and brentbullets like this.
  8. LADucks

LADucks Refuge Member

I apparently invented this about 2 years ago! I bent flat bar to this very configuration and drilled a hole in it. I then had another piece of flat bar about 8in long and curved it out a little bit and drilled two holes in it as well. I then removed the tie down on one side of my truck (2 bolts). I simply bolted this round piece into the side of my truck behind the tie down. Lastly I bought a decent lock and locked the piece on my truck to the piece on my chest. The chest is so tight to the edge of the truck you couldn't get bolt cutters for the lock or a grinder for the bar in there. It was cheap and easy. If someone wants to pack a cutting torch with them, bring it on. You can have it.

9. BobGlover

BobGlover Senior Refuge Member

I own farmland; if one of my renters shows up with a Yeti cooler, I'm raising his rent.

WHUP ! Hen, Reelcranky and GUNNERX2 like this.
  10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

You don't need a better cooler, you need a portable fridge/freezer. The lower end ones aren't much more than a Yeti and get pretty good reviews. The top end ones from ARB, Engel, etc can get a little pricy but they've also been proven worldwide to last decades in way worse conditions than you're likely to put them through.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TWYCM...NH&pd_rd_r=YARVRBE48AZZ9VX68SZS&pd_rd_w=v3JJY