Another day....another eye roll emoji.......

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by takemrarely, Sep 8, 2017.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

The Congressional Black Caucus will hold a meeting next week to discuss whether to call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. Following Trump’s response to deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month, the CBC chairman, Representative Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, said the 49-member caucus would have a discussion on Trump’s possible impeachment when Congress reconvened after the August recess.

Those talks will take place next Wednesday, a CBC staffer confirmed to Newsweek on Thursday. While it was initially anticipated that the discussions would happen at this week’s meeting, relief efforts following Hurricane Harvey and in anticipation of Hurricane Irma took priority. Still, members were given background information on the impeachment process and the details on all the federal officials who have previously been subject to impeachment.

The CBC was among the first parties in Congress to call for the impeachment of President Richard Nixon, when it filed a resolution in the House of Representatives in 1973. The following year, Nixon resigned with his impeachment considered a virtual certainty.

Representative Al Green of Texas became the first Democrat to call for Trump’s removal from office, in May. He later supported California Representative Brad Sherman when he introduced articles of impeachment against the president the following month, alleging obstruction of justice over the firing of FBI Director James Comey.

Representative Maxine Waters, one of Trump’s fiercest critics, has also called to impeach Trump, and Representative Gwen Moore became the most recent member to do so, following Trump’s blaming of “both sides” for the violence in Charlottesville.

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Al Green is my representative and when he was a judge here he ruled against a black woman who had sued me and damn near threw her out of court. He could have easily ruled in her favor and cost me thousands.

I guess since he made it to The D.C. Big Show he's switched to the Dark side of politics and become one of their stormtroopers.

3. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

So now we can impeach for responses to an incident....... hmm. The democrats continue to double down on idiocy and expect to reach the people that held their nose and voted Trump. I fear they will continue to scratch their heads and make excuses as they lose more elections. Even Trump with all his warts is preferable to the lunacy they keep presenting.....

Banded1 and newduk like this.
  4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Ironically, what we have here is a group that has evolved from advocacy of equality into another version epitomizing racism.

Bear likes this.
  5. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

The more the communists talk of impeachment, the more elections they will lose. Keep it comin` commies!! :l

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

The Conservatives reaction if the Liberals manage to get Trump removed won't be very conservative. The Liberals have tried to have the election voided and have sued in court for vote recounts. Proven wrong every time.

The CBC is just show boating unless they are a combined lump of gelatinous stupid because the only result will be to put Pence into office and guarantee a Republican retribution in 2020 that will make Armageddon look like a spring church social.

3inch3's likes this.
  7. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

I can get behind that. He does not carry the Trump gene so I believe we would actually see some progress.

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Eel might stroke out. :dv

9. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

@eel river
    I believe more are like me....... I do not mind an R in office, in fact I was planning on voting that way..... but than it turned out to be Trump, and that I can not get behind.

10. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

For you to see anything you must first open your eyes.

lugnut likes this.