Another Double Banded Brant

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by JOHNNY B, Dec 31, 2017.

1. A-5pemberton

A-5pemberton Senior Refuge Member

Glad to hear that things are well! Things are good here too. Snow???.....We got ice ice baby. Everything is locked. The bay, the rivers. Geese is the only game in town right now. How has your season been?

2. barngeatbayman

barngeatbayman Elite Refuge Member

Dave, alot of times you are correct in with the Atlantic Brant they did a double banding program where they were testing 2 types of metals to see about the corrosin ressistance from 1 metal vs the other. Most of these bands were put on birds between 2010-2012 I believe

3. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Gotcha Capt. Larry, thanks for clarifying. Here's a "left coast" black brant we took yesterday. Plastic Color band on one w/ federal stainless steel metal band on the other leg-- what we typically see over here on the Pacific Coast if a brant is marked.

[​IMG]

GK1 likes this.
  4. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

The season was very typical, a good one. A lot of geese; a bunch of mallards; and tons of blue bills on Green Bay. Mergansers were thick too. Shot a cow Elk in Wyoming then went duck hunting while I waited for the Elk to be processed. It was more of a duck shoot than a hunt. Filled ten turkey tags this fall. The dog did good. So I have no complaints.

5. Island_Outdoors

Island_Outdoors Refuge Member