Another Fishing Thread--First Week of February

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by gundogdoc, Dec 22, 2013.

1. gundogdoc

gundogdoc Senior Refuge Member

This isn't duck related, but with our temperatures at barely above zero our season is over and I have turned to making plans for the rest of the winter.

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon for the first week of February and looking at the Sanibel/Captiva/Marco Island area or somewhere in the Keys. She lived in Coral Springs for 8 years prior to her move to sunny South Dakota this February. Our first date was a fishing charter out of Miami. This will be my first real week long vacation in more than ten years. We are looking for recommendations for places to stay (prefer to rent a house) and recommendations for fishing opportunities (or other must dos). I would love to do some flats fishing and back country fishing but unsure of what's available that time of year?

We did two days on Sanibel last November but it was a quick trip. She had her heart set on Hawaii but do to some business plans it just isn't feasible this year so any recommendations for making this a memorable adventure would be very much appreciated. She is less than excited for a return to Florida, but that time of year it's really our only warm weather destination option.

Many thanks,
    Joe