Another Phil Robertson thread: as duck hunters, should we support him?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by 1 shot kill, Dec 22, 2013.

1. QuinnNadu

QuinnNadu Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I just dont agree with it. Its becoming a big deal because many of the supporters align their beliefs along side with Phils. Would the same result be seen if Phil was of a non-chrisitian denomination?

Im Christian, I dont agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but I don't feel the need to be a bigot over it. They can do their thing, as long as it doesnt effect me.

2. summerjack

summerjack Elite Refuge Member

When belief in the Bible becomes/became wrong we are in big trouble.

3. 'tween_fly_ways

'tween_fly_ways Moderator Moderator

Not implicitly.

I don't support his show, videos, company or religion. I do support his right to indulge in them all according to his own philosophy, and expect him to accept the consequences of the wider impact of that philosophy. I'm amazed (only slightly now. . .getting jaded. . .) at the teapot tempest of righteous indignation generated by this character.

Who'd have thought that one who seems an amalgam of Lil' Abner, Rasputin, Jeremiah Johnson and Elmer Gantry could engender such loyalty in the self-proclaimed rugged individualistic masses?

Who'd have thought a real, culturally based deviation from the scripted voyeurism of 'reality tv' could excite such outrage in the self-proclaimed promoters of free thinking?

4. sstrykker

sstrykker Banned

We have allowed the few to balkanize America and the country is in decline because of it.

5. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

If by support you mean type a few lines on a forum, then I fully support the DD castmember's right to say anything they want.

If you want me to buy any of the crap they're selling - Heck no!

Personally, I think it's all a publicity stunt. By both parties involved.

6. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

This! Well said.:tu:tu:tu:amen

7. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Did you read the article? At what point did he bash anybody? He spoke out against homosexuality as a sin, he never said anything about any gay person. Phil spoke his mind in typical Phil fashion, straight to the point no sugarcoating. That is one of the things I admire about the man. I don't think he would ever bite his tongue on speaking about any of his beliefs and good for him for it. Its ok for us to have to be tolerant against gays everywhere you look on every tv show, in commercials, walking down the street, etc. etc., but they in no way want to be tolerant of someone opposing their lifestyle. Their view of tolerance is very one sided.

So yes I will continue to support him and the company not just because I am a duck hunter but I firmly believe in what he said.

8. XR-2 Fan

XR-2 Fan Elite Refuge Member

How is quoting the bible bigotry?

9. Bull-sprig

Bull-sprig Elite Refuge Member

Arkansas on Village Creek the new Hurricane
    If all these polesmokers would just read what he said instead of just warbling bullcrap about bashing they would see that he never put down anyone. He simply stated that it was his belief that god had done that for him.

10. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

I don't think this is the case myself, but i do think in the fullness of time this will be beneficial to everyone involved but by gods grace and mercy no elaborate plot. , i also think the normal people of America, have a day or so into this fiasco stood up for right thinking Phil Robertson.
    Still never were that quick off the mark you lads but once they finally wake you up you can get the job done. (slow in to WW1 & WW2 but once you got started :) Awesome)
    Lets hope America as woken up to this cancer sweeping through your country, and lets hope and pray for a revival a full on christian revival where all the Churches are packed to the doors it has happened in Scotland and other countries around the world in our life time. look at south Korea its not revival but none the less incredible. Pray and trust leave it with God he will prevail.