Another Phil Robertson thread: as duck hunters, should we support him?

Discussion in 'Hunters Rights Forum' started by 1 shot kill, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bull-sprig

Bull-sprig Elite Refuge Member

Arkansas on Village Creek the new Hurricane
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." Oscar Wilde. Pretty deep thought .

2. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

Most of the homosexuals I know are well educated productive members of society that would give you the shirt off of their back to help you. Next time you feel the need to bash them, ask yourself, what have done for your fellow man lately?

3. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Who bashed them? :scratch

4. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

As best as I can tell, this is not a First Amendment issue; it is a business issue. If A&E wants to fire him, they probably can. If DD wants to go to another network, they probably can.

I have seen DD once, maybe twice, and thought it was pretty corny and not my style. These people to not represent me to the non-hunting world, although I suspect that many non-hunters think we are all like that. His interview does not reflect my position.

5. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

I am sure the contract is not short in length.

Depends on who owns the rights to the show and owns the name of the show. There is also termination clauses and thoses are likely even more complicated.

At this point didn't A&E suspend Phil? There is likely a reason behind that. If the Roberston clan choses to self terminate the contract they may lose all rights and could even be financially liable. :eek:

6. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Could be...

From what I have read, DD is a MAJOR money maker for A&E, so they wouldn't want to cut off that income stream.

7. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Amazing that all the gay folk are going to hell, but people like Phil who took their wedding vows on an alter before god, commited adultry, later divorced, are good to go.