Antelope or Mule Deer or Both - 2013

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by MissedAgain, Sep 8, 2012.

1. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

I'm in FL - got gators and also design & build Hybrid duck boats. Want to hunt antelope and/or mule deer. Not looking for P&Y or B&C bucks, just "normal" bucks - all antelope look like antelope to me, and anything 3x3 or bigger outside the ears is a big mulie buck to me.

I know this is early but with all the lottery drawings, etc. Gator drawings are in June and most deer/antelope are earlier than that. I have a 75% chance of pulling a good gator tag if you don't want a duck boat or two...

No problem hunting public land, just no idea how to hunt out west for them critters.

2. flyredmond

flyredmond Senior Refuge Member

Were you wanting to go rifle or archery?

If archery would you like to do an elk hunt?

3. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

Sorry this has taken so long - been moving.

Thank you - the idea of an archery elk hunt sounds very attractive. I'm almost totally deaf and wear two hearing aids so archery is pretty much out. I have done a lot of archery hunting and always seemed to spook the deer instead of shooting at them - don't want to travel 2,000+ miles to spook animals because I can't hear what noise I'm making...

I have been doing a little research and found out that some states offer doe licenses for almost nothing. Being deaf has helped me escape the trophy bug - any buck works and does are just as good - antelopes and mule deer included. I'd be happy taking a couple antelope does or deer & antelope does.

The 2013 idea is also out the window due to a big wedding anniversary & also a milestone birthday so the wife has the time tied up but promised we would try to go 2014.