Antelope

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by musher, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Well if distance is an issue and you want an easy tag that comes with access to alot of ground just hit the standing rock reservation west of Mobridge SD. Not a ton of 16 inch class bucks but 14's with big prongs are very doable. Tags are first come first serve and basically never sell out in normal years due to not a ton of demand unlike their deer tags. The land is the tricky part since it's a patchwork quilt of open and closed ground but they have a highly detailed map for you and the goat ground tends to be in big blocks so fairly easy to figure out. Their tags are good for their ground and that means both in Corson County SD and Sioux County ND. I've hunted deer and goats on there for years and they have a pretty good setup with lots of critters especially the never ending prairie dog towns! For perspective the deer I have in the thread I started on this page asking what it would score is a standing Rock mule deer.

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I'll check into that Dean, thanks.

3. Berganser

Berganser Elite Refuge Member

Sunday Morning cant come quick enough. Most all is ready to be loaded up. 2 more days of work and it's Wyoming Time!!!

4. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do.

5. Berganser

Thanks and Will do!

6. Berganser

Dad and both Killed our Antelope. We glassed quite a few. Made a Few sneaks and enjoyed the Scenery. We had a Safe Trip and really enjoyed our Time Hunting together. The Weather was a little warm, but you can't beat the beautiful blue sky's.
    We'll start sending for Preference Points again.