Anti Global Warming Scientist a fraud?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by CPLZ, Feb 23, 2015.

1. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I wonder what Stephen Hawking believes to be the reason as to why "global warming - climate change" is happening to other the planets in our solar system as well?

The combustible engine cant be the reason. Cow farts neither....

2. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Russian Czar Peter the Great sent Vitus Bering to Alaska in 1741 to bring back sea otter pelts. Bering and Gerrasim Grigoriev Izmailov along with many other ship captains made repeated voyages every few years and each time they would sail as far up a fjord as possible would build shelters at the base of the tidewater glaciers where it would remain cool enough to keep the mosquitoes away.

But each time as they came back they found the shelters to be a mile or so away from the base of the glacier. It was the glaciers that were melting and retreating.

Once again, this was in the 1700's, long before cars and industry. The world has been coming out of the last Ice Age for 10,000 years and will continue to do so until we start back into the next Ice Age.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

:eek: Dang it! I was so sure it was Fords and cow farts!

4. gdluck

gdluck Elite Refuge Member

Dumb question I'm sure but I have to ask.

For all the folk in this thread - how many and who of you have a PhD in climatology?

How about a masters?

anybody the TV weather guy?

5. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Stop it with the facts and common sense. We've got brain dead lemmings to convince our crusade will save the world.

6. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Why do you ask...don't you know higher education is nothing more than a bastion of liberal philosophy and elitism? Anyone possessing a PhD in climatology should be considered faaaaaar more suspect and agenda driven than your average duckhunter with internet access. :nutz

For what it's worth, I am an environmental scientist by profession, although I do not specialize in climate science. I was exposed to a great deal of it in graduate school, and attended many seminars on the topic presented by actual researchers. That was ~10 years ago. I do not claim to be remotely up to date on the latest research, but I do think I have far more insight into the scientific method and the research process as a whole compared to most.

I would posit that my google skills are on par with any other poster here on the Fuge though. :tu

7. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

This GW bull is supported by the UN and our muslim president. It's true goal is to further weaken this country and chip away at our global standing.

Pure wealth redistribution.

8. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Even the lemmings thing is bogus. A film crew set up a camera and drove lemmings over a ONE FOOT cliff to make it look like the critters were committing suicide. Then they sold the film to an eager Walt Disney who ran with it.

Truth: Lemmings don't run off cliffs.

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Actually the funding change was quite public and caused a lot of uproar. So you are wrong on that account. Not going into details here but to be blunt, the work that was done did not make the controllers of the grant happy because it was contrary to what they wanted to see produced. The University that the grant was issued to was forced to end the study even though the work was not completed. It had nothing to do with funding going away because of changes.

For those who talk about peer reviews, duplication of a finding is normally what is required. However in many of the AGW areas these duplications require insertion of unknowns, (Again an area my relative works in) and like he said if the data being used is made up in any capacity it cannot be duplicated but over and over this happens when it supports AGW!!!

This is a simplified explanation but for those who believe in peer review, I simply will refer to the hockey stick fiasco in that regard. Even today people try and defend this as accurate but it was and has been shown to be bunk!!!

10. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

Has anybody read, "The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History" by Elizabeth Kolbert? I have no idea on the reviews of this book or the background of the author,but it seemed interesting to me and I am in the middle of reading it now.

Some people here talk of the last ten years, or the last hundred and in the sense of Climate change that seems sort of shortsighted to me. The book talks in terms of hundreds of thousand and millions of years and it is an interesting read. From what I have read so far, it seems the biggest fears that are being seen now are with amphibians,corals and ocean acidification and not so much that an unnatural change is happening, but the exponential rate of that change with human interaction in the environment.

I have no science background, I slam guys into walls for a living, but I can't believe with all that we are doing to this world, that we are having no effect