any crow hunting ?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Silencer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. HUNT24/7

HUNT24/7 Senior Refuge Member

I was out yesterday & shot my first tripple on crows. I love hunting crows, it's such good practice for ducks & geese.

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Senior Refuge Member

me and my buddy went to a place today to try and put out some decoys and layout blinds in a pasture. we were told by the owner of the land no-one had crow hunted it in a long time. well we got skunked. not even any lookers. then we found out the truth. a "friend" of the owners son had been shooting at them about once a week.:mad: :mad: wasted a good moring to sleep in, but it felt good to get back in the layout blinds again.:grvn

3. freitas outlaw

freitas outlaw Elite Refuge Member

They are carry lite. the fully flocked one do look good but where i hunt is in open fields and when the dog runs Thur them on a retrieve they just get too dirty so i will stick with these....

4. tripleb

tripleb Elite Refuge Member

Here in Ohio we don't have a daily limit. But, the Feds have given the state a limited number of days to allot for hunting them, other than during the breeding season which is from the end of March, though the first part of June, roughly. The number of days we have been given by the Feds will not allow hunting them every day, so Ohio allows hunting on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when the season is not closed.

5. khhunter

khhunter Senior Refuge Member

There is no limit here in NY either. But we can only hunt Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays from September 1st until March 31st.

6. Silencer

Silencer Elite Refuge Member

We'll probably be getting back out this weekend for a stand or two. Its been 2 weeks since our last hunt, starting to get the itch:yes

7. Bender

Bender Elite Refuge Member

There's no limit or restrictions on which days can be hunted here. I've been doing okay, but have just been chasing small bunches. Quickly get the Dekes out, and turn on the call. You either pack up & leave, or they'll immediately come to the Call/Dekes. It's not very efficient, but I've been scouting & learning. I might have found a good field they seem to be using? Either way it hasn't been all that bad. I've goofed up a couple good chances...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. weatherby

weatherby Moderator Moderator

Good shootin :tu I've heard they are good to eat also

9. freitas outlaw

freitas outlaw Elite Refuge Member

HERES A COUPLE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

10. Silencer

Silencer Elite Refuge Member

I like that set-up in the vid's :tu I usually take a dead one and hang under the owl, or place it at its feet.

Here's a pic of a winged shot one of our hunts ;) He's sitting in my hand, I threw him up and let the boy finish him.

[​IMG]