any crow hunting ?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Silencer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. tripleb

tripleb Elite Refuge Member

The guys with whom I hunt crows have a general summer hunting rule that we quit by 10:00 AM, or when it reaches 80 degrees, whichever happens first. We have found that under either condition, we get very poor responses to our calling unless we happen to get set up pretty close to some undisturbed crows.

2. redleg06

redleg06 Elite Refuge Member

all my in laws live in bama and i didnt know you fellas over there had limits or season(on anything).:no

3. SLIMM12

SLIMM12 Senior Refuge Member

LOOKS LIKE A GOOD TIME:grvn

4. VT Duck Guy

VT Duck Guy Senior Refuge Member

79 this morning............sweet corn farm with a freshly cut hay field to put the decoys in. Notice my buddies Haz Mat gloves :nutz they can get pretty ripe real quick. Farmer almost fell off his 4 wheeler when we told him the TBC, didn't know if he was going to hug us or faint........they do a number on his crops.

[​IMG]

5. Silencer

Silencer Elite Refuge Member

WoW... :tu :tu good count !! Now that you mention sweet corn, I know of a couple local farms I'm going to be visiting now :)

6. DUCKLOGIC

DUCKLOGIC Senior Refuge Member

Ill shoot them, but I got a buddy who loves to hunt them.:rolleyes:

7. RuddyDuks

RuddyDuks Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Diver Slayer

Diver Slayer Senior Refuge Member

I live by a big grape orchard. I've never seen any crows in there but, how do you think the hunting would be in there??? Iowa's crow season is so stupid i don't know when I'd hunt it but, just thought I'd ask!!!:tu

9. RuddyDuks

RuddyDuks Elite Refuge Member

I set up on a flyway between feeding areas and roost . The grape vinyards are also a staging area before heading to roost . The only reason there are crows there is that it is on the flyway . Not sure about where you live , but I will not see any big concentrations of crows until Nov & Dec. and they will stay around until late March. Run & Gun this time of year would probably be your best bet . Crows will be in small groups ,so that is where the Run & Gun comes in , just find them and use a ecaller or hand call and shoot what you can and then move to another location where crows are . Later when birds migrate down from Canada then look for flways between roost and set up between them . Good luck and good hunting .For more info on Crow hunting check out the below site.

http://www.crowbusters.com/

RuddyDuks

10. Diver Slayer

Diver Slayer Senior Refuge Member

OK, thanks a lot for the tips!!!!:tu