Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Any Drone operators?

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Brad's Birds, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

Heck,maybe it was a UFO.

Danny

DarrenDuck and Jon C like this.
  2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

I apologize for taking this topic a bit off the rails - but the way my mind works, when I see a taxidermist start a post about drones leads me to this.

https://www.dronethusiast.com/dead-cat-drone/

Seems the original flying dead cat guy has branched out and now is making drones of quite a few dead things.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

@Brad's Birds; you ever find out what this was all about? Reason I am concerned is as I stated before, some anti-hunting groups are using them to spy on hunters and show how “savage” hunting is.

4. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Dang cootmeurer....it was scary enough to have a drone appear out of the darkness....would probably have wet my pants if it would have been a flying cat.....

Stevena..... no not much more at this point. Farmer was not aware of anyone flying a drone around his property and isn't happy about someone potentially spying on his land. Conservation agents are "monitoring the situation". Night hunting season is now over so I'm no longer wandering around in the dark. What you suggest however really isn't totally out of the question as there is a large block of neighboring land that is owned by a "land trust" that has been accused in the past of objecting to duckblinds on the Mississippi river. I guess anything is possible..........

Right now, from what I've read, it seems drones/operators have a lot of legal protection despite the disrespectful way some are operating.

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Some folks were caught doing it down here (didn’t get in trouble). They did it during a pigeon shoot, and showed video proof of the shooters not finishing crips, and leaving the birds laying. While I’m nowhere near anti-hunting, it is just further proof hunters need to finish off kills, and police up after themselves, because you never know what/who is watching you, and how they will use stuff like this against you.

Hopefully, you just had an enthusiast cruising around aimlessly.

Il. MudDuk and riverrat47 like this.
  6. Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer Refuge Member

Regardless of whether they are trespassing or not, do not shoot it down. You may or may not get away with it, but you will likely spend a lot of money on lawyers in the long run. UAVs can be considered aircraft, so you'd essentially be shooting down an aircraft. While the current laws may stink, it's not worth spending your time in court over. Try to get them in trouble with the law if the law will cooperate with you instead of the other way around.

Also, I'm not too concerned about a drone flying over my property in a fly-by or just cruising type maneuver. Get those dang kids off my lawn is what that reminds me of. As for really scanning the property, aerial surveillance by plane can read your freaking license plate, so it's not like removing drones keeps folks from viewing your property if they really want to. Now, if it's hovering outside your bedroom window looking through, then that's something that would be hard to accomplish otherwise. Maybe spotting scope, but that would be an obvious way to get caught peeping.

7. ixkaped2

ixkaped2 Senior Refuge Member

My neighbor called me Sunday, said his drone got away from him and was stuck in top of tree in my pasture. Wanted my to cut tree down lol. I took the .22 and shot limb off and brought it down. Took about 40 shots. Gonna have to adjust that scope before squirrel season

8. Rolen_Zen

Rolen_Zen Senior Refuge Member

The Drone Catcher was invented to safely ground unwanted drones.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ixkaped2 likes this.