any ducks in weiner?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by duckmeister48, Dec 29, 2003.

1. duckmeister48

duckmeister48 Senior Refuge Member

I plan on coming over around the 5th of january. Is anybody doing any good at all?I have heard rumors of lots of pintails.:cool:

2. Outhouse

Outhouse Senior Refuge Member

I hunt on the border between Arkansas and TN on the Arkie side. Sunday, I did not need shells at all. First day in two years that we did not fire a shot. Saw a few flying but it was pretty bleak.

3. Bull-sprig

Bull-sprig Elite Refuge Member

Arkansas on Village Creek the new Hurricane
    hunt bayou deview about daily. I am starting to wonder why!!! We haven't killed more than 3 ducks in a day yet!! The few that we see are headed to who knows where- they don't work the timber. the few that do are very wary and will not work into thge holes. they find some of the thickest scrub areas that you coujldn't find them in if you tried. The fields nearby do very little shooting and I suspect that much of what we hear is at geese. I keep going because it's close and I dream that one day they will be there. It hasn't happened yet but maybe tomorrow. lol Even Rainey Brake has become down with duck numbers.We have a field north of wiener about 3 miles and see a lot of high flyers but neverr working ducks. My guess is that almost all the local ducks are on claypool's rest pond.

4. duckmeister48

duckmeister48 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Outhouse and sprig for your replys. I have a field west of long creek rd and it's been slim pickings .I had planned on trying it next week. I still hope we all see the great migration to come before it's too late. Keep me posted and thanks for your replys.:cool: