Any good deals on steel ammo (especially Fiocchi)?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Squaller, Oct 5, 2017.

1. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I have two of them (2010 and 2014). They are soft shooting, but I am having to send one back to Winchester for a repair. Last year I bought a Franchi Intensity, though, and I love that gun ...... easier to clean, and it has a soft recoil like the SX3s. If I were getting another shotgun today, it would be the Franchi.

2. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Rogers is always the beast.
    I have great luck with 3" 1-1/8, however, the fast 1-1/5 did not pattern well out of my gun. I think others also have similar results since this ammo now cheaper than the 1-1/8 Oz.
    In the spring i bought 1-1/8 for $99.

There are Fed f3" 1-1/4 and 1-1/8 or $110 shipped which is also not bad o_O

3. pbd

pbd Senior Refuge Member

interesting. I sent about 1/2 dozen of cases of Speed Shok back to Federal. I had light strike after lite strike. I've probably cycled 10+ cases of Fiocchi's through the same gun without a single issue.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Everyone's experience is different. Last year I bought my buddy a case of Fiocci 1 1/5oz shells, and he was experiencing a fair number rims not holding to the extractor.. I traded him some Federals I brought with me, and no other problems. Winchester pump, never experienced the problem with any other shell.
    [​IMG]
    I like Fiocci's. Don't know how those will work for me, as I don't shoot the 12 much anymore. I bought them based on rave reviews on the forums here. They were all I was shooting when I was still with the 12.
    BTW, I got 2 cases of Fiocci Speed Steel BB's for $5 a box, if anybody wants to come to MT. (not the ones causing problems) Or, trade for a case of 20ga steel. :grvn

5. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

A SX3 is not a very soft shooting gun, nor is an Intensity.

6. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Pretty much same here. I bought two cases, while patterning i had 3 shales case separated.
    Contacted the Fiocci. They gave me two options, money back of exchange for another product with some compensation.
    I chose the second, sent them 2 cases of 1-1/5 and received 5 cases of 1-1/4. 3 cases as a compensation. Not bad of a deal i guess.
    Can you find better customer service?

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Good deal there. Again, I am not knocking them. I shoot a lot of target loads, and no problems with MY gun. Just a bad batch of shells. It happens

8. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

Well, maybe not to you. They seem to be to me. WAY less impact than my over and unders. I've fired a Benelli and Beretta auto, and didn't seem too different to me. Maybe because I shoot while hunting, so I do have at least a coat or sweater on.

9. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

What I tell folks is to go waterfowl hunting where you shoot a lot of waterfowl everyday for at least 10 days such as snow goose hunting where you shoot a box a day. Then try some different semi autos.

You will quickly recognize the recoil level between the guns and you will notice the differences really easily. None of the enertia guns have low recoil. Remington guns have the lowest among the gas guns.. A V3 has a very noticeable lower recoil than a SX3 when you are using hunting loads and maybe weighs an ounce or two more.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

My cheap old Beretta 3901 has far less recoil than an SX3, and any Benelli, Franchi or Stoeger I've shot with 3" 1 1/8 oz 1550 fps loads. If you are serious about having a light recoiling gun you need to keep searching. I have eye issues and have tried a lot of guns to find something with mild recoil and settled on the 3901. With the 2 3/4" 1 oz loads I use now recoil is almost non existent. Not a glamorous gun in any way but it fits my needs well.