Any housing recommendations?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Jethro48, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

Me and 5 other friends an up to 2 dogs are looking for a place to stay somewhere south of Harvey, Steele, Cleveland or Pettibone areas November 1st thru about the 10th of this coming year. I've been up there once before few years ago and finally making another trip back up for all myour buddys its their first time! I've found a few places online but would like to see if anyone on here had a place they'd recommend. Or any advice on coming up that time of year would be great. Thank you in advance!

2. Iowa

Iowa Refuge Member

I wouldnt reccomend that area. Move North.

3. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

Why's that? We wound up renting a house outside Pingree. Any advice for that general area?

4. Iowa

Iowa Refuge Member

That area is very close to the interstate, it tends to get much more pressure. Its a little pothole/lake region East of Pingree, South of Pettibone. Just plan on hunting water if its not very cold, if you're looking for field hunting opportunity, you would need to look North of Hwy 36 or 52 would be better. We did have some good luck on Des Moines Lake one time.

Jethro48 likes this.
  5. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

We are willing to do some driving to find them. That's just a starting point. Last time I was there in 2016 hunted around Robinson and Medina areas. I was hoping to Find a place around Robinson but do I d best deal in Pingree. We are able to dry field hunt or potholes wherever we find best hunting. Thans for the advice man!