Any Idaho doctors out there or anybody know one?

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by mightiesthunter, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mightiesthunter

mightiesthunter New Member

So, are there by chance any amongst you, my waterfowl hunting bretheren, that is a doctor that practices in southwestern Idaho?)

Or, does anybody out there know a doctor/PA in southwestern Idaho reasonably well?

I'm in my 2nd year of medical school and will soon be start my clinical rotations. My school just started a cool new policy for next year in which they gave us the option of setting up a rotation ourselves. I thought about trying to set up something in Idaho during Nov/Dec... Problem: I don't know any doctors/PA or have any connections to any clinics/hospitals in Idaho... (at least not yet), So I'm trying to get the proverbial ball rolling on seeing if I can make this happen and thought I would post and see if i can get any leads.

I have full information on the "propoganda"/logistics/etc that will need to be put in order (my/my school's malpractce coverage, clerkships, etc) and will take care of everything that i possibly can to make things as easy as possible. Hell, when my adviser heard my idea he about jumped out of his seat he was so excited and said he would go above and beyond taking care of as much of things as possible so I can make this happen.

Also, does anybody know any specific information on reservations in SW Idaho by chance? Close to home the tribal healthcare facilities are almost always willing to participate in the clerkships/experiences like what i'm trying to setup so I thought maybe they will here as well. Never hurts to ask...

Any and all information/leads would be massively appreciated.

thanks,
    Ken
    mightiesthunter@gmail.com

Sorry about the previous typos. The document program I use doesn't transfer/copy-paste well into HTML.

2. HuMMer

HuMMer Senior Refuge Member

PM Idahoan, Idahowitzer, or IdahoPenguin...Their dad is a Doctor.

Seth-

3. mightiesthunter

mightiesthunter New Member

thanks, man. thanks a lot. I'll try to get hold of them

4. Toothshucker1

Toothshucker1 Senior Refuge Member

The only reservation that has any real waterfowling opportunity would be over by Pocatello/Blackfoot area. Dont know much about opportunities throught the BIA or the individual res.

Locally I believe the overwhelming majority of medical student roton's are coming out of the University of Washington, as Idaho is a paticipant in the WICHE program, and I believe there is a reciprocity issue.

I'm merely a lowly dentist, however, my wife is an MD, she said she'd talk to the folks with St. Alphonsus and see if they are ammenable to this sort of arrangement. Can't promise anything but as long as all of your ducks are in a row then I can't see them putting up too much resistance.