Minnesota Flyway Forum Sponsors

Any interest from US hunters to take Canadian PAL course to hunt in Canada?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by Chris Benson, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Hi guys/gals,

I was wondering if you think there would be any interest from the hunters in Minnesota who travel to Canada to hunt waterfowl, upland, or big game to run a Canadian Firearms Training Course in the state? This course would get you your Possession and Acquisition License (or "PAL" as we call them). This would enable hunters to cross the Canadian/US border quicker and do a lot less paperwork when traveling to Canada to hunt with shotguns or rifles.

The course is an 8 hour course.

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

You don't have to register your guns or pay the fee when you come into Canada, so it will save you some money in the long run if you come up each year. I know three or four guys from the states that have them now, strictly to save some time and money at the border.

3. livtohunt1on1

livtohunt1on1 Senior Refuge Member

Chris, I ve been looking to do this for a few years now. I would love to be part of this class depending upon location. I could gather probably 2-4 others as well. Currently located down closer to the twin cities.

4. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Depending on time and location my wife and I would be up for it. Might be able to get a couple more. We are on the border in Warroad.

5. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Chris.....put this on the North and South Dakota Forums.I know a lot of people that live there and hunt in Canada.

6. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys, I am at this point just putting out some feelers, once I get a few things straighten out I will let everyone know. There is a cost to this course, normally around $70 US.

7. Rogue Hunter

Rogue Hunter Elite Refuge Member