Any Mormons in "the House" ??

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by onionhead, May 30, 2007.

1. onionhead

onionhead Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I don't know what yall teach but I am interested in why yall have been excluded from "christianity" by so many of todays loving and enlightened "christians"

I not a big fan of organized religion and I am not asking what your formal religious doctrines are - thats your business. But I would like to know if yall believe the following.

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. upon who's name do yall call ?

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. do yall believe??

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. Do yall believe that Jesus is the Christ ??

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. Do yall believe in the Jesus of the OT prophets witness ??

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? Do yall believe ??

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. Do yall believe in Him ??

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. Does "whosoever" include Mormons??

20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
    23Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
    do yall believe that God raised Jesus Church the Lord from the dead ??

Not picking or anything. Your as welcome here IMO as any. Would just like to know where yall stand on the verses -- if yall would like to answer.

2. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

Amen to all that my brother! Some folks just dont like the idea that LDS beliefs could be considered as christian i guess! Salvation comes only through the risen Lord...but to some the idea that a Mormon belives this is not the REAL truth i guess....

im glad you think good of good people!:tu
    Its nice to be welcomed!

3. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

RMK....could you respond to the questions onion asked? I too am interested. Thanks!!

4. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

OH, I believe one of the major differences is that protestantism is based on Sola Scriptura, other groups use the Bible plus other sacred writings. Oftentimes, when the sacred writings conflict with the Bible, the Bible is said to be in error, which evangelical Christians will disagree.

rmk, while we have differing beliefs, you (or anyone else) are welcome here as far as I'm concerned.

5. Rjm6254

Rjm6254 Elite Refuge Member

I guess the main problem orthodox Christianity has with the LDS faith is .
    1. Jesus and God are not one and the same being as explained in the trinity doctrine adopted by the universal Catholic church at the council of Nicea and codified into cannon law .All else is heresy .
    So Mormons may be very nice peaple and friendly and love Jesus who they accept as their savior but the denial of Christs diety as God is heretical teaching to Fundies.
    Bottom line Jesus is not GOD to a LDS

6. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

Please go to the link provided. In the middle of the page the question is posed, "Are Mormons Christians" and further links are provided to doctrinal teachings of The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.
    I hope you will take the opportunity to read the official church statements on our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg

Also, directly from the Book of Mormon.

26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
    (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 25:26)

olepal

7. rmk800

Rjm,

Bottom line is to LDS that Christ is a God and a member of the Godhead. we do not believe in the creeds of men as established long ago. we believe those were compramised based on the ideas of men mingled with scripture. when a bunch of men get together and have to compramise on the existence and knowledge of such things we as LDS believe in the fact that those men and many others were fallen into apostacy. it is a complete;y wrong to say we dont believe Christ to be a God.

i hope this helps!

8. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

Yes, it helps, for it perfectly highlights the entire issue.

Christians believe Jesus is THE ONLY GOD that ever was or ever will be. Mormons believe, as you have stated above, that "Christ is A God." As such Mormons and Christians do not believe in the same Jesus at all.

The Bible, not a group of men, clearly teaches that Jesus is the eternal God. He always was God and always will be God. No God existed before him and no God exists beside him now and forever. This is the true Jesus as presented by the Bible.

9. rmk800

We call upon the name of the holy one of Isreal Jesus the Christ for salvation.

We believe that baptism is essential to being saved. unless a man be born of the water and the spirit...

Yes the name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There should be no confussion on this....Christ is the absolute center of this church.

Yes, we do!
    We believe that all man may be saved if they have faith in Christ, repent, are baptized in his name and recieve the holy ghost by the laying on of hands.

We do!!
    I would think it does from Christian standards.
    You Bet!! We believe that Christ preformed the Atonement and was ressurected for each and everyone of us!

i hope this helps. Once again thanks for the dialoge!

10. rmk800

TPM,
    Not to highjack the thread...but the trinity is not a belief held by those of the LDS faith...if thats what makes us unchristian in your book....well then that is how it is. We do not believe in the trinity!