Any Mormons in "the House" ??

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by onionhead, May 30, 2007.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

I've heard some outlandish things on this forum, but this is just laughable! Come to Utah, walk in any Distribution Center or Deseret Book and buy yourself a copy if you want to know what is in The Pearl of Great Price or the Doctrine and Covenants you genius. Yeah, that is real secret. Anyone and their dog can go and buy these any day they want. Get your facts straight before you start slinging mud buddy. Because when you make inaccurate accusations like that you just sound like the rear end of a sick donkey......but I forgot, that's all you have the ability to do is make inaccuarate accusations.

A wise man once said, "Blessed are ye that are persecuted for my sake..." Keep it coming bandit....I could use all the blessings I can get!

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Slinging mud back and forth pretty much negates those blessings unless I am mistaken.

3. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

Yes, I would say it is.
    No, of course not, but some people will think secret = evil.

I read the entire quote a couple of times but I didn't see him saying yes, we are Christians. He said to acknowledge every good act & thing and that there shouldn't be the division between us. Maybe I'm not understanding him.

What do you LDS say, in your opinion, are Christians saved?

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

5. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

Salthunter, don't post that site up. That is not available to the public. You should know, the D&C and the Pearl of Great Price are secret! I'm calling your stake president! :fp

6. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

sorry for posting Jokes about Mormans, just thaught it was funny reading the jokes from the anti-morman sites you guys keep linking to...

and no I don't want this thread to die that is why I asked this ?

you seem to be full of answers wing so answer it for me... along with all the other non mormans answer my ? we have been answering yours...!:tu

7. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Well....to say you have answered all my questions would be stretching it quite a bit....I have asked several questions, and usually the 1 that is a pet peeve to someone is the one they respond to....

OK....are you ready for my answer now?? Why is there Anti-Morman books in Christian book stores, and not Anti-Jew, or Anti-Muslim? Right?

Answer: I don't know, I have nothing to do with Christian book stores. Quite honestly, I order my reading material online at Amazon, etc.

Why would I, or anyone else here be the expert on what Christian book stores carry? The only answer I could provide you would be pure speculation. Ask the book stores.....

Whew....THAT was a tough one.......:D jk!!

8. rmk800

rmk800 Elite Refuge Member

no problem...i take this as an appology...and i accept it, now we can get down to business of undertanding each other and being tolerant of each other. i will say this...non active LDS will lye about our beliefs!
    sorry i will correct you here. the additional scripture has ALWAYS been opent to the public and has never been shrouded in secrecy or any of the like. what you have been told to believe on this is completely wrong.
    we believe that when John was finishing up his revelation/scripture he was referring to just that. meaning don add to my word as pertaining to this Revelation. remember the Bible had not been compiled yet...so the answer to this is simple. John is talking about not adding to his revelation...not the Bible. at least that is how we see it.
    i took this from a web site...hopefully it explains it beter than i.

The Church makes no official statement on the biophysics of the miraculous conception, except to affirm what the scriptures clearly indicate: that Mary was a virgin, that God the Father was the Father, and that Christ was begotten of the Father. He was the literal Father of Christ: Christ had a fleshly body that inherited divine attributes from the Father and mortal attributes from His mother. With our pathetic mortal technology, we already know it is possible for someone to be a literal father of someone without having sex, thanks to processes such as in-vitro fertilization and artificial insemination. If mortals can do such things, surely it's possible for God to be the literal Father of Christ and for a virgin to be the literal mother. NOTHING in official LDS doctrine says God had sex with Mary. That is a deceptive charge of anti-Mormons trying their best to take our literal acceptance of Biblical doctrine and distort it into something offensive.
    Several groups of allegedly conservative Christians often attack us for out beliefs in this area. What is the alternative that they believe? That God the Father was NOT the Father? That Christ was NOT born from a female womb? That Christ was not in a human body with the mortal power to suffer and die, yet with divine power as well? I can see that such non-Biblical doctrines might be attractive to those who reject the Biblical idea that the resurrected Christ has a body, as does the Father, in whose physical image we are created (see Gen. 1:26,27; James 3:9; many others). The post-Biblical Nicene Creed and other creeds introduced the pagan Greek doctrine that matter is bad and pure idea is good, so that God must be without body, parts, or passions - but the living, resurrected, tangible Christ said "handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bone, as ye see me have" (Luke 24:36-43; Phil. 3:21). Christ, born as a real baby boy, is now spirit AND immortal flesh together. These tangible, physical aspects of Christ were troubling to the minds of philosophers in the fourth and fifth centuries and beyond, who redefined Him according to their own imaginings. They mocked those early Christians who accepted the traditional view of God that looks like man, our Father in Heaven with a literal Son in the flesh who was Christ. Some of their successors now mock us for literally accepting the Biblical record about God being the Father and Christ the Son, but again, they are misguided.

i agree!! except where the bible is the only rule of life and faith...for i believe that God will do nothing but he revealth his secrects to his servents the prophets. he has done this in the past...surely he will and has done this in the last days.

9. raccoon bandit

raccoon bandit Senior Refuge Member

About 15 miles south of the big Lake, in PA
    I thought I would not post on this thread again, however I received a PM correcting my mistake on my "last" post. Let me say that as well not wanting to be rude neither was it my intention to spread misinformation. While I have enough information to know that I have fundamental differances with LDS, I have come the conclusion that this thread and the issues dealt with here are best left to those with more information than I have at hand. Thank you to those that provided clarification of my misconceptions. Allow me close my part in this disscusion by stating that my differences with mormonism, LDS are doctrinal, not personal, and I regret the antagonistic tone of my original posts.

10. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

I agree. :tu