Any movement?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Atarax, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Burned another six gallons on the EFI motor. Plenty of moorhens, gallinules, grebes, ibis, herons, bitterns...no teal, excepting two juvenile mottled that were flying high, as if to say "we're still on vacation". I did gladly note the absence of skeeters. Oh yeah, plenty of water, that has led to the closure of my marsh, which sucks, but should re-open for the regular season. I will not be deterred, and still plan to hunt, but right now the fishing pole is looking to be the right tool instead of the scattergun.

2. Atarax

Atarax Refuge Member

Well looks like that retention pond was all I was meant to see. Been out a couple times since and no luck. Maybe that storm caused a delay?

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Not much cold weather- "push factor"- up north yet. I know of sightings of many birds on Gulf coast that are speeding past us to Central America and beyond. High water here in both lakes and marsh also are a push factor out of here or to perimeter areas. State wide harvest numbers should be down, shame.

4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

They were right spotty up here this year. Still got some coming through, we close out on Sunday. Pretty much feast or famine.