Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Any new mounts out there???

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by cholt, Nov 6, 2017.

1. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Looks good hate you had to wait so long I usually figure a year and couple months but that’s not a problem if they look great

2. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift Refuge Member

For the most part I will give them as much time as they need and then some. In this case I was told 8 months. I paid in full upfront and told the guy I wouldn't even call him for a year. And I didn't. After a year I started to make inquiries and that's when the excuses and outright lies started. On three different occasions he told me the bird had been started and was close to completion, and it turned out he hadn't even begun. It wasn't until I started to talk about small claims court that he finally got on the ball and did the job.

I'm a pretty understanding guy, if a person needs some extra time I'm ok with that. But to be lied to repeatedly is unacceptable. It's a shame because I like his work and would have brought him more, but not now.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

That sucks, man... Looks like he does good work, from the pics. That is my next mount. It's in the freezer, waiting to be dropped off with the taxi. I'll be doing a standing one as well, that will sit beside my recliner on a shelf.

4. cholt

Understand that my taxidermist says 10 months but if it takes over a year I have no problem with that plus I know my guy won’t screw me he is good at what he does and his price is average you pay for what you get

HONKSRWORKN likes this.
  5. pukeko

pukeko Senior Refuge Member

6. Wildthings

Wildthings Elite Refuge Member

Here's a few
    naked web.jpg
    naked oldsquaws web.jpg
    naked web.jpg

BirdJ likes this.
  7. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

That happens a lot when Taxidermists take in more than they can chew!!!! I have a friend that's been a Taxidermists most of his life and he has chest freezers full of stuff that needs to get done. Some of his stuff have been there for two years!!!! Hopefully he will get their stuff done before he passes away? He said he's done taking anymore stuff in unless its his best customers that he has had for many years.

8. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Some of us are hobby Taxidermist and have a full time job so we usually take more time than a guy that does Taxidermy for a living . That said the reason I started mounting birds was because the local taxidermist took 2 yrs or more and his work was very poor ... I like to shoot for 6 months but a yr isn't to long for a hobby taxidermist ... If I think I took to long I try to make it right with a small discount ....I doubt you'll see any full time taxidermist willing to do that but then again for them its how they make a living ...

9. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

10. cholt