Any of the "old" crew still around here?

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Detoff, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Detoff

Detoff Elite Refuge Member

Looks like this forum all but died, anyone from way back still on here?

2. mrbill

mrbill Elite Refuge Member

Depends on your definition of way back. I agree though that this forum is in pretty sad shape. Haven’t seen anything from guys like Dizzy or Wack or anyone from that time in a very long while. I think Diz is on Facebook but I have no clue regarding the others. They’re no doubt still out there somewhere and probably could be found on social media. Kinda sad. I enjoyed all their posts and info.

3. brdemkr

brdemkr Elite Refuge Member

Jamie,
    Many people moved to a different forum and then kind of just faded away. I'm friends with Jim "Dizzy" Flowers, Charlie Long, Justin M, and a few others on FB. I think FB became an easier platform to share photos. I do miss the old forum days...
    -Brian

4. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

These forums get depressing anymore because the overall activity is so low. Most all of them are like this. Facebook and Instagram rule cyberspace now. I like both formats, but nothing beats the forum platform like these. Topics have titles and it is easy to find things. The problem with the social media platforms is that the self life on information and content is so short. Things fly through feeds so fast that they are lost. The old forums just seemed to keep content relevant for longer periods.

I miss the days when all of the forums were constant hubs of activity.

5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I miss viewing the work of those on here. I never attributed much but enjoyed the talents of those that posted on here.

6. DEADEYE DICK

DEADEYE DICK Senior Refuge Member

I also miss the old forums,
    I got my first DSLR about 6 years ago and want to say thank you because I learned so much from all you guys
    on here and other forums

7. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Hey Detoff...good to hear from you. The photography forum certainly isn't what is used to be. I still come around now and then, but I sure wish the old bunch were back.