Any of you guys from around Devalls Bluff

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by quackrstackr, Dec 31, 2003.

1. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

Headed that way in the morning to hunt a couple of days. Just wondering what the bird situation was so I could prepare myself for the disappointment if I need to. :D

It can't be any worse than around here, over halfway through our season and I still have not killed a puddle duck of any sort.

If it weren't for diiiiivers, we'd have no ducks at all....
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me......

(for those of you that can remember hee-haw..:l)

2. pin bro

pin bro Guest

I live in Hazen very few ducks in the area. It is also warming up going to be in the 60's friday and saturday. I think it is going to cool down on sunday.

3. Ike

Ike Elite Refuge Member

I live in Memphis but hunted the Dagmar WMA near where you are going several times early in the season. Hunted flooded timber, It was great, lots of Mallards. But I was there two weeks ago, same place, very few ducks. Tons of Snow Geese....what ducks we saw were in the fields, with the geese. The counties to the north of Monroe Co. have flood warnings and I think the ducks are in the fields there. Good Luck.

4. carpet duck

carpet duck Senior Refuge Member

I have a club on the Cache River across from Dagmar outside of Brinkley and for this time of year, duck hunting sucks. We are killing a few ducks but not like it normally is this time of year.

5. quackrstackr

Thanks for the replies. Sounds about like what I figured.

Oh well, at least it will be an experience and maybe I'll get to point my gun at a mallard, which is more than I can say for here.

6. Longstory

Longstory Senior Refuge Member

We killed a few birds yesterday. Looked like a few more birds moved into the area. Went out this morning, still seen more than I have been seeing, but was nothing special to say the least. With the warm temps, birds won't move very well. Most of the birds we have killed in the last week or so have been up in the morning.

Who are you going to hunt with. Know everyone in the area. I may be able to tell you some info about the area you are going to hunt. Some people have been doing pretty well in a few specific areas here, but on the norm, it has been the same ole story all season, wack em pretty good today, kill a few tommorrow, then maybe nothing for a week or so!:confused:

7. quackrstackr

I'm hunting with Jake Fisher (Double Banded Guide Service) out of the Palaver Place Lodge. I won the hunt at the DU festival in Memphis over the summer.

I have nothing to go on as far as the normal background checking since I won the hunt.

Any info would be appreciated.

8. Longstory

Longstory Senior Refuge Member

Yep, know Jake & Charles well. You are in luck. They were one of the few people I was refering to that were killing birds on a regular basis. There place in located next to Delta Wings. That is the big club owned by Cintas Company. They left a large amount of crops in the fields to hold birds on the club. It has been one of the few places that have been holding good birds all season.

If I were a bettin man, I would more than likely say you will get to shoot your gun more than once!;)

Good Luck!:D

9. Jim Chamberlin

Jim Chamberlin Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

10. quackrstackr

Thanks for the info guys!

Gonna make this drive a whole lot easier..:D

I'm headed your way.