Any reviews on Kent shells?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Pastor, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

Now that I've got to use the Kent's in live action I must say I'm very pleased. Patterning them was very encouraging but seeing ducks fold up twitching on the water vs swimming away from me is definitely what I'm after.

2. johnliester

johnliester Senior Refuge Member

You also should make sure your gun is shooting to point of aim. I have had a couple that were so far off you could completely miss a goose standing at 20 yards.

3. Beaver5

Beaver5 Senior Refuge Member

I have been shooting Kent faststeel 3" #3s for about ten years. Good price, the shot is nice if you open one up, don't burn real dirty and pattern good in my gun. It's not terribly uncommon for point of impact to be a little different with with different loads. I had a o/u that shot #5 lead 12-18" high in the top barrel, 4s and 6s shot perfect. Your gun could have been shooting low with that load or you could have been having an off day, Lord knows i have had those.

4. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

Our season is half in and i have found the kent shells to preform very well. I'm probably being more selective with my shots but I'm seeing a difference for sure. Far less cripples and have only totally lost one duck. I'm very happy with them.