Any tornado ducks spotted???

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by scott phillips, Dec 28, 2003.

1. scott phillips

scott phillips New Member

I just got back from spending Christmas in NE Arkansas at Corning. My intentions to hunt some ducks were void since there was very little duck action going on in fields that I hunt in. I met Charles Snapp briefly before heading on home. He was busy doing everything he could to take care of his customers. This was the first time I had met him face to face even though we lived only 45 minutes apart when I was growing up. He didn't shoot me no bull about the ducks and the earlier post he had about duck numbers from his customers between the timber and fields I got to see the numbers on paper myself. The group that I saw was from Michigan seemed pleased with what they had. Since everyone is asking where the ducks are, I thought I would ask another question for all refugers North to South, when was the last time you saw a major tornado duck landing if any this season??:eek: :eek:

Thanks Charles for the door prizes. I know it was a quick visit and good luck with the pintails that may disappear overnight.:confused: :confused:

2. Finger Lakes Hunter

Finger Lakes Hunter Elite Refuge Member

We had them in here in New York in the 2nd week of November. Not as many around as then but we got +50,000 canada geese in the area.

3. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Scott, we were coming back from Texas Monday, Dec. 15, on I-40 headed east in eastern Oklahoma. About 2 miles before we hit the Arkansas River, we passed a field on the south side that had a major mallard tornado. It was about 15 minutes after the end of legal shooting time, but it was a beautiful sight for duck-starved eyes.