Anybody been duckin' yet?

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Went to the river on Saturday. Took 2 nice mallards :yes Now it's wait, wait, wait until November... It's almost like they want to tease you with those few early days! No pics of the ducks (early, all pics turned out dark! :mad: );but, here's one of my lil "Bess" (Cocoa's daughter) and I on the boat headed back to the truck...

Anyone else been out?

:)

2. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Can I count my trip to Canada.....Oct. 1,2, & 3??? :confused: :yes

[​IMG]
    My son Marc and me with limits of Canada's

[​IMG]
    Me, with a mess of mallards and 3 pintails.

3. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

You lucky dawg!

I'm sure you realize your son looks exactly like you... :yes

Great Pictures L-D

:)

4. Lame-Duck

Kimmie.....Yea, but unfortunately he never got the good looks.:l :l

5. Sand Man

Sand Man Elite Refuge Member

I took my girlfriend on her first teal hunt on September 19th. After seeing my passion for duck hunting, she decided she wanted to tag along this year and see what it's all about. So, we did the whole hunter's safety thing this summer, and I bought her a nice older Remington 1100 20ga. Well, actually I have been looking for an 1100 20ga to match the 12ga my dad handed down to me he bought when in high school, but I let her call it hers. :D Anyway, we ended the morning 1 short of a 4 man limit. She did well. She killed 3 teal on her first hunt. She also enjoyed the heck out of the hunt. She has been asking ever since when we are going back. I can't wait to put her on some mallards. Here is a picture from the hunt:

[​IMG]

She has also taken up dove hunting with me. Although, she has been getting frustrated with her shooting on doves. Heck I told her I even have a hard time shooting them sometimes. This day I was on fire though. I let her shoot first at the first 5 groups and would drop a double out of each group after she shot. Finally, I just couldn't stand it and shot first at the 6th group dropping a tripple. She missed, put her hands on her hips, and said, "I need to go the range!" :l :l I about fell out. Here is a picture: (I think we had 13 hunters and 148 birds)

[​IMG]

Great pics of the Canada hunt Lame. I've always wanted to hunt the fields in Canada. Hopefully, I will get up there next year. BTW. Thanks for the advice on the Citori 20ga. It's leathal on those dove birds. :tu

6. Lame-Duck

Man.....those are some great picture. You folks got into some good hunting.:tu

It sounds to me like your girlfriend is most definitely a keeper. :yes It's awful tough today to find a good looking gal that also likes to hunt, fish, and generally enjoys the outdoors. I suppose your also going to tell us that she's a great cook. :yes If that's the case.....you'd better marry her as quickly as possible. :l

7. Skack

Skack Elite Refuge Member

Dang Russ...that is a good looking son of a gun sitting next to you and Tiffany in that teal pic..:l :l :tu

Good looking dawg in both pics......:D

Ole Tiffany's a trooper for sure.....The whole Texas Forum is still trying to figure out what she sees in him......he must have a helluva personality. :D :l

8. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

Those are all some awesome pics!! I havent' gone out yet and the season is in full swing here. Lem got his limit yesterday though! I hope to get out soon but seems like my schedule is jam packed!!!!!!!:confused:

9. DuckHerder

DuckHerder Refuge Member

My brother Ron, flew out from Portland, Oregon to do some duck hunting with us here in Devils Lake, ND. While we did not limit every day he was here we got in a lot of shooting. Here is a picture of his first ever Canvas Back (mine too!) On this shoot we were joined by a good friend from Minneapolis, Fred, he is on the right with his dog Kip. Had to be very careful as we had mostly Cans coming into the spread and the limit is one a day. Ron said he thought he had good hunting in Oregon, but it is nothing compared to North Dakota........:yes and the migration has not even started, it will get a lot better.

[​IMG]

10. athomeruddy

athomeruddy Elite Refuge Member

Sand man and I seemed to be the lucky ones this year.

I started dating Amy nine months ago, we are pretty much engaged now and shes turned into more than a girlfriend, shes turned into my best friend.

I warned her from the start that duck season is really important to me, in fact the offseason is a little insane too.

She's put up with the duck calling everywhere we go, the camoflauge for normal clothing, and she even asked me if she could go on my hunts with me.

After all of this you would figure she is butt ugly, but I sure lucked out...this girl is stunningly beautiful.

Out of the 7 days season has been open, I've gone 5 times. Taking some nice birds and quite a few. And she hasn't complained once.

Heres her "posing":yes
    [​IMG]

Heres me on the same day,
    [​IMG]