Anybody getting out for the opener?

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by mr.smith, Sep 30, 2014.

1. mr.smith

mr.smith Senior Refuge Member

I'll be out around Flagstaff. Hopefully I can find some ducks. The roads on Anderson Mesa are still real muddy and wet so I haven't been able to scout up there. Didn't see a single duck on Mary but I was looking in the middle of the day. Got some more scouting to do this week before I decide on a location. But, I'll surely be hunting Friday morning.

2. jrin99

jrin99 Senior Refuge Member

I most likely won't be out this weekend. Going to be scouting down south. Hoping to get up north next weekend.

I'm ready to get this season started. Seems like the start has been dragging on.

3. mr.smith

So far I'm not seeing much in my scouting. Drove all the way out there to find that Ducksnest lake is dry. Didn't see any ducks on Mary. Marshall is dry.

4. migr82az

migr82az Refuge Member

Even if it's just to lay in the blind with a loaded gun I'll be up north on Friday. The dog has been spinning in circles watching me get decoys and gear ready the last couple weeks.

5. jrin99

jrin99 Senior Refuge Member

How did those who went out do?

6. mr.smith

0445 Got stopped a quarter mile out from the pond I'd scouted by a group who said they had set out their blinds and "like 50 decoys" the night before and there wasn't room for another group there.

I should have went there anyway but I did the right thing and went elsewhere.

Met up with two other hunters at plan B who didn't mind sharing a lake. We had a couple flights but they pretty much left the area after the first volley of shots. Ended up with 1 teal. There were a lot of people in the woods and surprisingly little water considering the monsoon we had.

7. AZDUCKMAN

AZDUCKMAN Refuge Member

got skunked Saturday in show low but I had blast getting skunked nothing like being back in the blind...