Anybody know what's up with Wildlife South web site?

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by mrbill, Jan 12, 2017.

1. mrbill

mrbill Elite Refuge Member

Just went to login and got the message "This page can't be displayed". Temporarily down? or maybe gone? Dizzy, if you are still lurking about maybe you can answer?

2. mrbill

Beginning to look like the photography site WildlifeSouth.net isn't coming back. The .com version appears to be alive and well with a couple of names recognizable from this forum listed as staff. It does not appear to be in the same format however as it looks not to have provisions for open submission of photos. If the .net is done it would not be surprising as participation had dropped off to next to none.

3. DEADEYE DICK

DEADEYE DICK Senior Refuge Member

I don't have a answer for you.Slowly but surely people started dropping off the site.
    I would go back every now and then only to find nothing new posted.
    It's a darn shame,I sure learned a lot from lots of people on that site.

4. mrbill

Deadeye, I hear ya. I got a response today from one of the mods on that site confirming it is done due to the lack of interest (no use). Too bad indeed. It was a good place to learn.

5. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

Come back here. I know many privately owned forums went to FB pages since the maintenance is basically free.

6. mdupont

mdupont Elite Refuge Member

I saw the site was gone. Was wondering if anybody has heard from Jim aka Dizzy

7. mrbill

Yes, That is where I got the info I posted. I had been looking on the site for quite a while and seeing no new activity at all. Then it was gone. If nobody uses something anymore then it would make sense to not expend time, money, or resources on it. Jim is out there still and is on WildlifeSouth.com. The format is more of an online magazine though and does have some cool stuff. Just not a photography forum like the .net version was.

8. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

Hey Guys, the website is still up but the Forums have been closed due to lack of interest and activity.. Joe and I made that decision a few months back