Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

anybody?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by phayner, Sep 27, 2011.

1. phayner

phayner Refuge Member

wondering if anybody is out there. i thought with the early teal season having come and gone, that there might be a little life on this forum.

2. Duckexpress

Duckexpress Senior Refuge Member

Not much going on. I didn't get a chance to hunt teal this year but getting ready for big duck season. Hopefully it will be pretty good this season around central AL.

3. 3.5 XTREMA

3.5 XTREMA Senior Refuge Member

Not much here either! Always seem slow on the AL forum on this site.

I haven't been on any teal or geese. I'm just saving gas and vacation days for the regular season.
    Got a new mudmotor that I hope will get me into a few new places this year or make it easier to get around so I'm excited about that.

4. Mallard

Mallard Senior Refuge Member

any of you guys hunt guntersville, I came down there from knoxville,tn for a couple days and camped out. Seen countless gadwall and mallard ducks, had time of life tryin to kill them though. Did my scouting and knew some places where they were hangin out but just couldnt seem to get them next day. seemed like they like being around the coots. Any suggestions on this place, i hunted more around the scottsboro area of the lake, like i said seen great amounts of ducks just couldnt make it happen, would def. make trip back down there since only little over 2 hours away from me but wanted some suggestions before i came back.

5. kontekontos

kontekontos Elite Refuge Member

Yea this place has gotten very slow over the last couple years...most talk for alabama duck hunting seems to be over at alducks.com............I still like it on this site for everything but alabama duck talk though....

6. 3.5 XTREMA

3.5 XTREMA Senior Refuge Member

Born and raised hunting Guntersville. I used to kill a good many ducks there, but pretty much started avoiding the place about five years ago due to the immense hunting pressure brought on by people blabbing on the Internet of their success. There's already a lot of places you can't hunt any longer due to development....now you add overhunting and the spraying of millfoil(food that held good #'s) and its a RECIPE for a lot of duckless skies for the most part with someone on every point.

I find myself on the TN river about once a year around the holidays to have a hunt with the family, but usually find myself in an actual flyway state to the West.