Anyone else see this video of the flooding in Nebraska?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by callinfowl, Mar 15, 2019.

1. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Wow, thats a lott of water tonnage those windows held back, and then let go. Prayers for Nebraska.

3. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Its a mess here. I live in NC NE. The bridges over the Niobrara River have either all been destroyed or compromised so for right now its over a 2 hour drive east or west to go north into South Dakota. That's if the roads haven't washed out. Won't know until the water recede. Many small communities are flooded. This is a historical event that no one alive has ever witnessed.

Huskermut likes this.
  4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Didnt see it on our national “news”. I’m seeing a lot of Pelosi picking her nose, Omar and Cortez spouting their daily ignorantisms as they talk out of their rectums, the announcement of Beto the Irishman O’Rourk who wants to exploit Latinos, acting like he is Latino, in the style of Hilary talking black jive to an audience of African Americans, that he is running for President and asking for people’s handouts to fill his gas tank, but little to no coverage about the devistation of our own people in Nebraska.
    Prayers be with you all.

WHUP ! Hen, pud123, hunting1 and 3 others like this.
  5. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

This is the first I'm hearing about this. I hunted just outside Valentine NE. back in 2008. Beautiful area. Sorry to hear this. Hope everyone stays safe.

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Man, you gotta change the channel. Watching CNN or Fox all day every day is bad for your health.

7. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I was watching one of the big three, both local and national, last evening and didn't see this. Granted, I don't pay too close attention. Haven't seen it on Yahoo news, my home page, either.

8. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Sure they do just get yourself a bunch on natives and hippies to protest oil and the networks will come a running!

9. Jon-Barta

Jon-Barta Senior Refuge Member

It's a bad deal right now. The infrastructure damage is incredible and the timing couldn't be worse for the cow calf people. The videos floating around are insane.

brentbullets likes this.
  10. Koots1

Koots1 Senior Refuge Member

This could turn out to be the largest devastation our state has ever seen, all of central to eastern Nebraska is affected with large losses. I am aware of of rancher up by Columbus that lost over 200 head of cattle to the quick rising flood waters. The planes and choppers are just now able to get out to assess the damage, they couldn't do much yesterday with the 50+ mph winds. The Spencer dam on the Niobrara river was washed out which then took out the hwy bridge near the town of Niobrara where the Niobrara river empties into the Missouri. Many roads and bridges are gone. When more of the video footage comes out people will be surprised that there wasn't more attention from the national news media.
    We have had our share of tornadoes and flooding but we have never had a situation that affects such a large area like this.

WoodieSC, WHUP ! Hen and brentbullets like this.