ANYONE hunt Lake Harbor WMA this year?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by BigBullGator, Mar 5, 2003.

1. darkwing duck

darkwing duck Senior Refuge Member

BUSTA speak now or forever hold your PEACE

2. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

Time to step up Busta.........................

3. darkwing duck

looks like busta has been BUSTED :D :D :D

4. uncleD

uncleD Senior Refuge Member

Who owns the property?

Duke

5. Rad

Rad Guest

Where do I begin? The endless river of mis-information that continues to flood this and other duck hunting websites simply amazes me. I took your advice darkwing and performed a search for other topics concerning Lake Harbor. I have been waiting for a long time to recall the following post from SDH and provide some internal insight. Here is a copy of your post.

"Amen ringneck. Capt Jeff I know for a fact that the same people that manage goodwin manage lake harbor. I agree with both ringneck and ducky THEY SUCK. ****ing contest or not they do not and in the last few years have not managed this place properly. I and a group of fellow hunters have voluntered to use OUR OWN monies and equipment and FEED to help them in this endevor. WE were told NO. FREE help and it is turned down. THAT BLOWS and so do they. I dont care if they are your best buds or what but FACTS are FACTS. That was and will be the last time I offer any help to those butt ****ers. Again AMEN ringneck and ducky. I am not looking for a place to killl my limit everytime. But LAKE HARBOR used to be a GREAT QUALITY hunt and now it is a ****ING pool to me..................... Explain why the habitat was there for early teal and after that short season they disk it down and give you a flooded muck field with nothing for food or shelter for the ducks. POOR MANAGMENT to me. I could go on but will get off of my SOAP BOX FOR NOW as the hair on my neck is standing straight up and I am getting ****ed and before i really offend anyone i will go for now..............."

First of all, I really didn't appreciated being referred to in such endearing terms. It's no wonder that when you offered to volunteer, the biologists didn't open their arms and readily accept your gracious offerings like a long lost brother. The sad fact is that any of the biologists at Goodwin would have readily engaged in constructive conversation and attempted in every way possible to accommodate your volunteer offerings. Unfortunately, for the ten years that I worked in the Goodwin office, that long awaited phone call from you never occurred. To my knowledge, only one meeting was ever scheduled concerning Lake Harbor during my time at Goodwin. All involved parties were present including one member of the public. That's right, just one. SouthFLJay was the only person to attend.

I apologize for calling you out individually, but you seem to be the most outspoken and misinformed constituent in regards to Lake Harbor. I believe if you had called the biologist responsible for managing the habitat at Lake Harbor, you would understand the reasons behind each and every management decision.

I really wish you had called me and offered your time and especially your money to help out with Goodwin. I find it extremely difficult to believe anyone would turn down your offer to donate money.

Kudos to you Busta for actually trying to research your interests and not spew mis-information.

Jace Albury

6. darkwing duck

Rad sorry to burst your perfect world but not all meetings were with the GOODWIN people. As to offering time and money it was offered to the office in West Palm via B.J. and he told us thanks but nothing can be done at this time. You are not the only people involved here. B.J. is also no longer with FWC and that is a shame as from many conversations with him and other FWC officers about this issue they ALL felt that any help should be and would be appreciated. AS far as your meeting with southfljay,we spoke to great lenghts on the phone and in person and the day that that meeting took place I could not be there. Goodwin is a concern of alot of hunters but not mine. It seems to be managed very well seeing as everyone is close.

FYRESTORM said

7. uncleD

Again, who is the owner? I would like a contact.

Duke

8. Mehrenfl

Mehrenfl Senior Refuge Member

9. uncleD

Dixie Crystals or Domino?

Really, Is there a physical address to "Big Sugar"?

It seems that this issue won't sleep. Especially when there are those that would rather argue w/ each other than to be persistant and address the problem.

My thought was to have a contact person or group that concerned hunters could write letters to, instead of one or two folks ranting.

Again the old addage, "You get more flys with honey", and maybe in this case "Sugar".

Duke

10. darkwing duck

MORE power to ya DUKE. I and many others have already done the same things and no results were taken. I am not looking to argue only to resolve the issue.