Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Anyone know anyhting about AeroMarine?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by num70, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Great read. I grew up on LI , tramped the Baldwin Freeport Oceanside Island Park marshes as a kid and teenager. Later, after I got out of college and moved away, I got addicted to duck hunting. GO FIGURE! I now have a 1940's BBSB, cedar planked with fully covered in fiberglass. From Barnegut Bay i. I live in Va.
    It was beat up when I got it from a great guy in NJ near BB, and I worked on it a bit and , well its now a bit less beat up. Great boat. Love to hear about LI Ducking History. Can someone post a photo of the AeroMarine BBSB?

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Google...............:l
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

Great read, I love duck hunting history. I built a modified BBSB, and still use it.

4. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

Deal went through. The above pics are of bbsb variants. The below is my 1980 Aero Marine version.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  5. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

6. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

7. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

Boat needs some glass work as portions of the interior deck are clearly done bearing weight. Solid boat other wise. May just leave the issues as is for this season and address in the spring. Bought in East Haddam, CT from a seller who said he bought it from a LI guy that moved to VT. Said the boat handled great in snotty weather etc.

My plans are to raffia it pretty good, fab a seat/backrest that sits just in front of where the dodger stands up to keep the dog behind me, and fab a cockpit cover that will roll over my lap as I sit facing the transom area to hunt. For the transom, I've got a 40lb trolling motor for now, and will order an SPS swamp runner tomorrow or Monday to pair with a 6.5 harbor freight. Not traditional, but highly functional for the backwater areas I seem to find myself in. Will add a 9.9/15 4s if the budget allows along the way. I believe this is the two man model and man does it have room. Excited for the season.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018