Anyone know anything about ICOtec calls?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by quackrstackr, Nov 28, 2012.

1. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

I need to do some coyote thinning on the properties that I hunt. I've only ever been out 2 or 3 times with friends and other calls over the years... all were unsuccessful.... so to say I don't know anything about it is an understatement.

Rather than go whole hog with a Foxpro right out of the gate, I figured I would start off with a less expensive call and stumbled across this one. I don't imagine that I will ever go full bore on predator hunting because I just don't have enough places to hit, but it would be nice to go out a few times per year and try to do my part. They seem to be relatively new to the market but I haven't found a single bad review online for them.

http://www.icotec.com/products/electronic-game-callers/gc-300-electronic-game-caller/

This one only has 12 sounds loaded on it. Out of those sounds, what would a typical calling sequence be?

2. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

What model are you looking at purchasing?

3. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

4. goose-caller

goose-caller Senior Refuge Member

5. duckdon

duckdon Senior Refuge Member

If it's a money thing hand held calls work really well. Heck, I lip squeaked in a big dog a couple weeks ago when we were in the goose pit. Came from at least 300 yards into 50yds. Duckdon