Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Anyone near Auburn?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by ArkansasVDDhunter, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ArkansasVDDhunter

ArkansasVDDhunter New Member

I am a transplant from Arkansas and I was looking for some new hunting buddies that can show me the way to find ducks in Southeast AL.

2. Fishun Injun

Fishun Injun Senior Refuge Member

About all you can expect here these days are wood ducks....plenty of them. We used to get a handful of mallards and black ducks during the 70's and 80's but those days are long gone.....

TheDuckSlayer likes this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

You'd be much better off chasing deer or turkey in the Tuskegee national forest. The turkeys are tough, lots of guys (aka students with too much free time) chasing them. There are a few spots in the forest to shoot wood ducks, and that's the most you'll get as far as ducks go. If you just have to duck hunt, drive to Guntersville or the TN river. I wouldn't waste my time around Auburn, except for an occasional wood duck beat down.

4. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Good luck with gville too many yahoos there now from out of state that think they should be the only ones allowed to hunt the will be shoulder to shoulder on opening day camping out thanksgiving night well all I have to say is I hope they are not on banks were I hunt the open water where most divers raft up. I show no mercy I’m about 150 yards away from them all last year had them hollaring and cursing me cause I set up in open water oh well the pile showed game warden said we had the best day by far from about 50 groups they checked.

5. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

I lived in auburn for over 10 years, but I never hunted there. I moved back to N. AL about 5 years ago. I always either cane back to NoAL or went to Arky to hunt. But I had heard that if you were going to water fowl hunt around there that you should go to the lake in Eufaula. I don’t have first hand experience there. But it is what I had heard.