Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Anyone still hunting snow geese in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Damimissed, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Damimissed

Damimissed New Member

Herrin I'll. I'm in the heart of southern Illinois
    I'm new to this forum. I hunt in the Carlyle lake area and have been sick so no hunting lately. Would really like to go hunting but need to know if geese are still in the area. I have hunted as far south as Union county refuge and not seen hardly any geese. Are they all gone?

2. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Senior Refuge Member

Hunting in Hillsboro Il picked most of spread up, Killed 1 yesterday and poor shooting missed 1. Zero seen today.

3. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

saw about 500 by the Cache last week. Other than that, i haven't been seeing or hearing any. We packed our spread up a few weeks ago. Pretty sure the fat lady sang a while back for So IL

4. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

Just reset our spread after the snow storm. Killed 2 yesterday, saw nothing last night. If we do not see any migrators on Sunday it will be hard not to back it in. Have heard multiple reports of small pockets of snows still south.

5. Damimissed

Damimissed New Member

Yeah we have already picked up our bulk spared. But I have my mobile spared ready to go. I have in the past hunted Carlyle the last weekend of March killed 3 to 6 every time buy myself. Just sitting around in my t- shirt. Lol

6. Damimissed

Damimissed New Member

I have seen a lot of snow geese in the Hillsboro area in the past. Have hunted coffen lake for ducks. Pekin that up there. I have a son that lives in Rockford area. I really need to find a farmer to get together and hunt there. The damned dark geese fly between the houses not over then!!! Lol I have a picture of geese on the roof of a restaurant just standing there. Lol

7. timber hunter

timber hunter Elite Refuge Member

Wondered what happened to you. Always read your reports over at what is now chasingsnows.

8. Damimissed

Damimissed New Member

It got to me. Someone was always getting on to me for telling where the geese are. Then they started telling where I hunted it just got old. So I stopped getting on it. I sure hope this forum not that way.

9. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

I thought that user name sounded familiar !

10. Damimissed

Damimissed New Member

Yeah I'm getting old I still am addicted to snow goose hunting. Lol an talking about it!!!!