Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Anyone still hunting snow geese in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Damimissed, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Senior Refuge Member

zero today,but found 1 on the other side of pond that i shot the other day..So not a total loss for the day.. Will try again in am if no rain?

2. Brokenwing

Another zero for today, I think its over for the year!!!

3. Brokenwing

Alittle wet today,last day will go for awhile if not raining.........

4. zettler

zettler Elite Refuge Member

As we come to the CONCLUSION of the 2017 Illinois Conservation Season for Snow Geese here in central Illinois at 7:51 PM, I find it appropriate to play the following Dandy Don Meredith ditty from Monday Night Football, when it was great...

God Bless all that participated, congratulations to those who persevered through some of the strangest weather and now for those who have partners at home who either supported your passion/obsession or at put up with it, you both can sleep in together tomorrow!

Thank ALL our hunting partners who joined us throughout the season to make this happen. I just wish you all could have spent more time in the field with me but I look forward to Crappie, Morels, Wild Turkey (the bird) and trying to get my life back on track after the past seven months of being out there most every day...

So sing along with Dandy Don to close this season out and look forward to the future!

5. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I was working the new pup with some guys and their dogs and I spotted a 5 pack of two adult snows and 3 "almost" eagle headed blues.....the first snow geese I've seen in the St. Louis area of Illinois in a month.
    It doesnt matter as the season has been closed for almost 24 hrs, but to see them today was somewhat unusual.

Maybe they'll return in 9 months.....