Anyone Switch Beliefs On Climate Change Yet?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hartfish, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I wish someone would make up their damn mind. I'm getting tired of having to get up and adjust the house thermostat. :doh

stevena198301, Allan and double limit like this.
  2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

What were the temps in comparison at the polar ice caps? Which has been most of the argument I’ve seen and where most of the warming and damage is being done.

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator

We've had a lot of freaky weather events up here this year. A couple tornados (we never get them) and wind shears abound. The temp dropped on the way home yesterday from about 95 F to 50 degrees in less than 10 miles of driving. Like driving into a wall. Hottest summer ever in some locations. Didn't US record temp get broken last week in the desert ?

Hot summers and cold winters will be the norm.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Climate change is real...the relative causes...especially is there one solitary cause is the first question and the second is can we do anything about it?

One may even ask...or should we?

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Do you know what would be normal after the earth continues to come out of an ice age? I am not being snarky but asking this because it is relevant. Warming that is occurring may very well be the earths returning to a pre ice age level couple that with how the face of the continent changed as a result of the ice age. The great lakes are a prime example of that, they did not exist before the ice age.

So are the polar caps suppose to be locked in ice at the levels man has decided it should? Maybe they aren't suppose to remain frozen like they are and man cannot accept that? So what truly is normal? Do we know? I don't have the answer but I do believe that man in his ego cant accept that we may be irrelevant like the Super volcanos sitting idle. Yellowstone goes full bore and then what? How about a major shift in the crust out west? The last I heard a new continent is forming in the southern hemisphere as the earth plates shift. Get the point, yes it is warming but maybe it is suppose ~

lugnut and Allan like this.
  6. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Don't ya know the egos of those who know best have no boundaries. :l

7. onjig

onjig Senior Refuge Member

Oh ~ the climate has been always changing ~ but human has nether sped it up ~ nor can we slow it down ```

The Romans grew grapes on British soil ~ that has been too cold to grow them there ~ for a long while ~ maybe we can again one day ( well that's what I heard a long while ago )

8. Sasha and Abby

Sasha and Abby Elite Refuge Member

One of the COOLEST summers in recent memory here... I guess that is due to GLOBAL WARMING also lmfao

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

4/20/18--- 44 degrees

10. onjig

onjig Senior Refuge Member

When I got up this morn ~ in the mountains today ~ I built a fire in the stove to take off the chill ```