Anyone trying a new broadhead??

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Dusty05, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Dusty05

Dusty05 Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone will be making a change to a new broadhead this season and what you'll be using.

2. Browning Gold 3.5"

Browning Gold 3.5" Senior Refuge Member

Went to it 3 years ago ....... Shuttle-T 100gn ..... does all my deer and hog work.

Last year switched to G5 S.G.H. for all my small game from the Muzzy 2yrs ago and Bludgeons before that. Now G5's get the call and Bludgeons are always a good backup.

Good Luck.

3. Dusty05

Dusty05 Senior Refuge Member

I've been looking at broadheads to use for hogs. Have to look at that one.

4. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

gonna give the NAP Bloodrunner a shot.....if it passes in practice, I will give it a go.....Looks like a good one though...

5. northerner

northerner Senior Refuge Member

Yep but haven't owned any broadheads in 15 years. Going with muzzy 3-blades this year. Wanted something pretty simple, fixed-blade, and got decent reviews. Price was right too :tu

6. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

yup, bumped up in weight from 125 Magnus to 190grn grizzlies.

7. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

100gr Razortricks by Slick trick. Fixed blades and awesome.
    They are thick blades, fly true as a field point and work great. I don't know one sharper, and they can be resharpened, but I would hate to shoot them at a good deer after that, maybe varmits.
    30 bucks for 3.

8. Browning Gold 3.5"

Browning Gold 3.5" Senior Refuge Member

They (the Shuttle-T's we're talking about) are good ones .... especially for hogs due to them being as tough as they can be.

I've killed a good many with them the last 3 yrs. The only 2 blades I had to booger-up was one on a skull hit and the other was a rock after a pass through. The ribs, the spine, the front legs, shields, even the tree root after the pass through .... all of it, blades still looked good afterwards.

The funny thing about these broadheads ...... they sound different when they smack the side of a critter .... kind of reminds you of a aluminum bat.

They're one of those products that the people that use them don't fall into the marketing hype ....... they don't need big name pro's 'bought out' to shoot them ..... don't need to see them in TV shows ........ they just buy products that work. ;)

9. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

:tu

mudhen

10. LabGuy23

LabGuy23 Elite Refuge Member

Muzzy MX3's for my third season. I got a 9pt on Sunday that went 68 steps from point of impact. Last year shot a doe that went 55 yards from point of impact and the year before that shot a doe that only went 35 yards from point of impact. I see no reason to change.