Anyone trying a new broadhead??

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Dusty05, Sep 18, 2010.

1. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Nice!!! I have heard alot of good things about those broadheads!

2. honk-on

honk-on Senior Refuge Member

Congrats!

3. FloridaFowler

FloridaFowler Senior Refuge Member

Using Rage 2" 2-blades for the first time this year. Have put down two does so far, with amazing entry/exits. Leaves at least a 4" exit wound, haven't had 'em run far at all. Highly recommend.

4. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

stopped by the strenum??? don't get me wrong dead is dead. But, I haven't had an arrow not pass through a deer yet. 650 grns total weight at 170fps. Just more proof that speed is over rated.

5. GCBLKLAB

GCBLKLAB Senior Refuge Member

That is one of the gayest quotes I have ever read! :scratch
    For years I shot G5 fixed blades and had great results with them. I switched a couple years ago to try the Rage 2 blade out of curiousity and have never went back. Four deer shot with the Rage and all fell almost immediatly after being hit. The rate at which they bled out compared to the G5 wasn't even close so that is why I stayed with the Rage....not because I won't tune my bow!!! Oh, by the way it is tuned, just ask the doe I shot two weeks ago.

6. drakegunner

drakegunner Elite Refuge Member

don't worry it will fail sooner or later. but you'll probably never post about that.:tu

7. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

I have used the Rage 2 blade.....I don't like the results....killed 4 deer with them....4 for 4....however, the kills were not as good as I would have liked....Had some problems.

8. GCBLKLAB

GCBLKLAB Senior Refuge Member

If and when one fails me, then I will simply swap back to my G5's. I am not stuck on any one brand of broadhead, just want one that performs when the time comes to make a clean kill. Have been considering trying the Grim Reaper heads if the Rage ever let's me down. I still have two packs of G5 monotecs unopened if I decide to go back to fixed blade. If the Rages fail I will let ya know! :tu

9. Duckologist

Duckologist Elite Refuge Member

You call it what you want. But it's the truth.

10. grousefeathers

grousefeathers Senior Refuge Member

shot the 2 blade blood runners and thought they shot well until I shot a deer....35 yard shot 62lbs draw shooting at 263fps on the chronograph...loud smack when I hit the deer, as the deer was running away I could see it was a perfect shot only the arrow had only gone in about a third of way. After the deer had ran about 25 yards I saw the arrow fall out... after recovering the arrow(a brand new beeman ics hunter 400) I found it had snapped about 5 inches up on the shaft....I think the 2 1/8 cutting width is too much for good penetration and too much resistance for the carbon arrows ,like hitting a cement wall. I`m going back to muzzy 3 blades.....