Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

ApparentData Breach in Idaho Online Hunting and Fishing sales prior to July 2007

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by mister gadwall, Sep 22, 2016.

1. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

Active Outdoors handles Online license sales for idaho. I just received a letter from Active Outdoors Processing Center saying a Data Breach has occurred on August 22 which involved hunting and fishing ONLINE license sales prior to July 2007 for Idaho. All info provided to acquire a license online was compromised( stolen). SS numbers, physical descriptions, credit card, drivers license numbers etc.

This may be old news to some but the letter was first news to me as an out of state Idaho hunter. Has this issue been discussed in papers and news in Idaho? has anybody had their credit affected or their ID stolen as a result? Just curious . The letter says there is a complete service available for All Clear Identity Repair for free to assist on any ID or loss or stolen credit....855-260-2772

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes, it's been in the news here, but only very recently.

3. woodsboy

woodsboy Refuge Member

I wonder if by online they mean a PC or lap top as opposed to a licensed vendor. which is also on line?

4. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

I think its a total croc that I only found out in this same letter which I got well after a month past when they identified the breach. Thankfully nobody has gotten my information or attempted to do anything malicious with it if they did. But shame on the F&G for not sending out an immediate email to alert folks. Finding out a month later could have been a disaster.

5. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

I just at got the letter on Friday. Thanks for the heads up one month later.

Idaho , Washington, an Oregon were the only states hacked.

6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

7. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

You mean years later. It sucks they took as long as they did to notify us, but it sucks even worse that it took them years to find the issue.