Approx. 4000

Discussion in 'Indiana Flyway Forum' started by Tim Andrews, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Tim Andrews

Tim Andrews Senior Refuge Member

That is the total harvest to date duck/goose since the September early seasons for Willow slough, laSalle,J.P. and Kankakee.
    And folks still think it's the states fault, we have lost our migration and according to one property manager our hunters.
    OPEN FOR DISCUSSION...........

2. Overkill67

Overkill67 Elite Refuge Member

Not so sure about loss of hunters.......I think some, like myself have found other places to hunt. Every draw I have been to has seen the usual, if not higher number of parties. I agree that the migration has shifted, although this year we just have not had the weather up north to push much down other than the calendar birds. This season has absolutely sucked for me personally......I have shot 2 ducks and zero geese so far. Hope that changes this week as we head up to northern Illinois to hunt a private lake that hasn't been hunted in 50 years ;) The highlight of this season so far for me was my niece asking me to take her out and teach her how to hunt......I really couldn't have asked for a better youth season. Here she is with her first goose she shot on her own, and her and Maggies first banded goose they shot together...lol 18 geese come in and they both shot the same one hahaha To say she is hooked is an understatement
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tim Andrews

Good for you finding other alternatives for duck hunting.
    Did the girls arm wrestle for the band?

4. Overkill67

Overkill67 Elite Refuge Member

a couple funny stories about that......first being that Dixie (my Chessie) must have knew that bands could be trouble....she took that bird 40 yards away instead of right back to the blind. Next goose shot she brought straight back hahaha Maggie told everyone that if Jordans first goose was banded she was going to drown herself.....well obviously that wasn't going to be allowed so she said "fine I will jump in the lake then" being true to her word, when we got back to the ramp she took off her waders and socks and jumped off the dock hahaha I put both of their names on the certificate and am having a copy of the band made. :) They were both tickled to death that they shot the same bird with the band and said "this will be one heck of a memory to tell our kids and have proof of when we get old"

Tim Andrews likes this.
  5. Tim Andrews

That's what duck hunting memories are made of.

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Hi guys,I am from Nevada but grew up in Crown Point.I still browse here once in a while. I found this interesting as I hunt mostly the Pacific Flyway,and when things get tough you hear alot of talk about how we lost our migration or how the migration has shifted.It's just plain and simple that weather has probably more to do with hunting success than any other one variable.Just my opinion.If any of you guys head out to Vegas ,give me a hollar,and I can take you on a Western hunt,mild weather style

Tim Andrews likes this.