AR flooded timber for

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by HaftaHunt, Aug 2, 2012.

1. HaftaHunt

HaftaHunt Senior Refuge Member

A Canada/mallard hunt in the driving snow. Seen it on tv and really want to do it...Nebraska, Kansas, Dakotas, or Missouri maybe??

We hunt public timber here in Arkansas and all you'd need is your guns and waders!

Haftahunt

2. yellowlab04

yellowlab04 Senior Refuge Member

No u dont !!any time after nov1 thats a good bet for us huntin up here i could see doin it once!!but it gets old real fast !!any way if u got the time i got the plan !!!

3. Bird Watcher

Bird Watcher Senior Refuge Member

If I actually thought we were going to have snow this year, I would tell you to come on up. No swap needed. Right now it looks pretty bleak. The corn is a waste, the beans almost are, and we have no water. Maybe next year.

4. lssu-laker

lssu-laker Refuge Member

I love shooting honkers in the SNOW!

Late Nov., typically around Thanksgiving weekend its game on here in northern MI.

If you are looking to add some species diversity, too. Typically some nice Blacks around with mallards and we have spots for GE, too.

5. x2 I don't know if it will be worth getting the stuff out of the shed if we don't get a lot of rain. I'd love to hunt mallards in the timber though.

6. teamoutlaw

teamoutlaw Elite Refuge Member

if you want to come to SE wisconsin im sure we will get snow and I know we got birds. season runs sept 1 -dec 21. nov and dec will be prime. and of course early season will be good. just no snow lol

7. HaftaHunt

Thanks for the offers!! I've been doing some looking and it's gonna have to be a close trip if the limit is only 2 per day...seems like a ton of work for 1 group to decoy!!! I'd like to couple this hunt with some mallards if possible to make the drive worth it!

If we don't get any rain soon in Arkansas we won't have any place to shoot them in the woods!

8. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

Let me get this straight, you want to trade a hunt but you are trading a hunt on public land that I could go to without you???

9. HaftaHunt

Yep! You sir are correct! I sure I could find a goose or 2 where I could go by myself, but I'd like to find someone who has the area knowledge and the setup to make it an easy and enjoyable 2 day hunt. Yes you can hunt public here without me, but I'm doubting in 2 days you will have a worry free enjoyable hunt with already scouted birds and water levels. Plus just showing up!

Thanks for the responses and pm's. Hope to make something happen!

Haftahunt

10. lssu-laker

lssu-laker Refuge Member

Doesn't have to be a one group shoot. We often shoot small groups,and take turns as we work through our limits.

Ducks get the hammer!

Snow, not a problem this year! We get to hunt until Dec. 29th. We also have a late duck hunt available this year. The blacks and greenheads will be glistening.

Public land, imo, is no big deal......Bay Metou is how many acres??