AR under $600?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Meach, Mar 5, 2018.

1. killerv

killerv Elite Refuge Member

While I'm glad you got one, you definitely paid up. Can't stand to see dealers gouge folks due to circumstances like this. Like I said, cost is around 480 on the sport ii, and I imagine large dealers get a better price than that. My lgs is asking 599 for them where he used to sell them for 550. Whitakker Arms has them for 499 with free shipping as of today.

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

This past summer I bought a Bushmaster 15 in 223 for $399 after rebate. Took a while for the $150 rebate check to arrive, but it did. we're not going to see those prices soon. Simple supply and demand and guy's fear of the nasty black guns being banned, drive up the prices. I'm looking for a bigger caliber, but will wait this one out till prices go down again.
    Check out Rural King's RK Guns. sign up for their e mails. A few weeks ago they had Ruger handguns in .380 for less than $150. Have sales every week. They will ship to your local FFL ( FFL Transfer fee) or to your local Rural King store ( no FFL fee). $10 shipping. My Rural King store is an hour away. Nice ride in the country, save a lot of $$, whats not to like?

3. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Build it. With match grade barrel & trigger can come in under $500. Never was a fan of the ar till I handled my first one. They are sweet handleing guns. As a lifelong wingshooter I would have to compare the fit and balance when slapping it to your shoulder to a well balanced double. Just a shame to get the best accuracy a scope is needed, much like the old lever guns.

Roy G. likes this.
  4. Meach

Meach Elite Refuge Member

Looked at Rural King website. There is a store about 75 miles away which did not know existed. They had the S&W M&P for $600 but of course they were sold out. I know I paid a premium at $675 but am anticipating the price to start going up for at least a while.

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Just saw a Cabelas flyer, the DPMS I talked about was about $475.

6. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

AIM has ATI Omni Hybrid Maxx AR's for $399, if anybody hasn't already squirreled away a few cheap truck guns as an investment...

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Consider signing up for their gun alert and they will contact you as soon as they are back in stock.

8. Meach

Meach Elite Refuge Member

Will do. Might have something else I am interested in also. Thanks.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

They are a good shopping site. I just ordered some shop LED lights. Came up on Google. Best price anywhere.

10. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Ruger AR, factory CeraKote, adjustable rear (battle) peep sight. $700 + tax. Good deal?