Are we becoming thoughtless animals...

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by MindTrikCallr, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MindTrikCallr

MindTrikCallr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I am reading this article on the lady in FL that is having the tube removed. The thing is she will not die immediately...it will take TWO WEEKS for her body to STARVE TO DEATH..now ladies and gentlemen...I know she may be in a vegtable state...but to allow a HUMAN to starve til they DIE while you watch is INHUMANE no matter what condition the patient is in...PLAIN AND SIMPLE...I wont even watch an animal suffer...It just sickens me...if you are going to kill her dangit...stick a needle in her arm and do it humanely...even that way is a stretch, but its better than starving to death...what happens if SHE IS aware on some level...

2. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

"what happens if SHE IS aware on some level..." She probably wishes it was done years ago.

3. kiddro2003

kiddro2003 Senior Refuge Member

Weird to think we can put down a good hunting friend to ease the suffering. But if I were brain dead no one could ease mine.

4. eastender

eastender Elite Refuge Member

Not making a judgement about what should be done this case, but the whole thing has dragged on for 15 years because she did not leave any written expression of her wishes. All of you who think that living in a "permanent vegatative state" is the furthest thing from what you desire need to spend the $150 bucks to get a lawyer to write up a health care proxy and a living will. This is necessary even if you are young and in good health because, unfortunately, "stuff" happens.

PS If you are married think of how much stress this will relieve for your loved one left behind. If you are someone who doesn't want your life to be terminated under any circumstances, it is important to express those wishes, in writing, also.

5. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

They have the ability to make her death quick and totally painless. But instead they draw it out over two weeks. Sometimes I cant understand how some people think.

OM

6. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Anyone see Million Dollar Baby?

Quick and to the point.

7. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

I have and that is what I am talking about.

OM

8. MindTrikCallr

MindTrikCallr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

EXACTLY...why put either her mind or body thru the suffering. We suck out defenseless babies from their mothers wombs, although I am against it atleast its quick...I mean if we as a society can do that we DEFINETLY can allow someone to die humanely...I mean murderers and rapist get a better death than this woman is. I am SORRY..if I was her father and I exhausted every effort to keep her alive if that is what I felt was right, and I lost like this guy...I would end her suffering myself with whatever means necessary and do it quickly and painlessly...I mean they have already allowed her to be murdered...thats what it is..Even if she is in a vegetative state..I know its a complicated case, but still...allow a quick and painless death to pass over her, not this..

9. ARKANSAS

ARKANSAS Elite Refuge Member

I can't respond directly to what this lady may be going thru, but my wife's grandmother stopped eating for about four days before she died. She wasn't hungry and after a day, the stomach shrinks so much that you can't realize that your hungry. She literally starved to death. Its not as inhumane as you might think.

I know it sounds terrible but its prolly the same as getting less and less oxygen to the heart and to the brain. Its not like they are sitting there fighting for air or food, theyjust slowly slip away.

As I said before, not sure what the situation is with the woman your referring to but this is how my grandmother-in-law went. And it was peaceful for her.

10. DR. DEATH

DR. DEATH Senior Refuge Member

Bad call either way, God bless them all. :cry