Are you kidding? The end is near for us if this is true...

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by grahler, Sep 15, 2017.

1. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Serious question out of ignorance... What are those MD folks thinking? Is there any country on the planet that permits non citizens to vote?

3. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

I read that the other day and was dumbfounded, I don't understand how it is even legal...:scratch..... I don't know man, I'm pretty open minded , but voting has to mean something to get people out to vote.... this cheapens it in my humble opinion...

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I seriously doubt there was a lot of thinking involved in that decision. A lot of emotion and a lot of "Feeling."

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Local elections...school boards...dog catcher...best pizza place.

Argument is they are citizens of the local city so they should therefore have a voice in its operations.

6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Sounds like local politicians trying rig elections, best part is they give illegals these rights locally knowing they have no voting rights in state and federal elections.

7. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Apart from a couple towns that allowed the practice beforehand, the liberal enclave of Takoma Park kicked off the trend in Maryland back in 1992 when it began to allow non-citizens to vote in mayoral and city council elections. Several other cities and towns followed.

Find the key word in the paragraph above.........

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Found it: "idiots" :doh

9. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

It's where philosophy and laws collide. I don't recall anything in our Constitution giving non-citizens the right to vote. How this fits article 10 for local issues is a point to debate.

Still... IMHO, allowing non-citizens a vote is bad policy primarily because their interest commitment is not assured as dedicated to locally best outcomes as distinguished by legal versus philosophical based decision making.

Of course the same concern can be applied to US citizens, but at least they have a legal basis for their suffrage.

Hey (except in leftist political thought) isn't drawing lines and making distinctions a good thing?

Bear likes this.
  10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Does this evolve into an illegal holding office because they represent a city or county district or a judicial position such as Justice of the Peace or city or county criminal court? Think about who would decide to issue permits and let city/county contracts?

Does the city or county therefore become an employer of illegal aliens and also harboring and supporting a known illegal alien which if I remember right is a Federal felony. Emphasis on "if I remember right."

We have a reported 600,000 illegal immigrants in Houston/Harris county and many of them are residenced in a large neighborhood called Gulfton.

600K votes in a city election for mayor/city council or County commissioners could pretty much set in concrete the future outcome of Houston.