arkansas hunt

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by light'em up, Dec 30, 2003.

1. light'em up

light'em up New Member

Myself and a buddy are coming to hunt the 8 & 9 of Jan. with RNT guide svc. And was just wondering if the ducks had made it there yet. Because they are sure not in middle tn or at least not on old hickory lake.

2. There ain't many ducks. The ones that are here you have to work hard and long for. Very slow hunting. We need more water and cold weather up above us.

3. RotDorn

RotDorn Senior Refuge Member

Save your money, or if you do come bring SPF45!

4. sheridan

sheridan Senior Refuge Member

If anybody's killing them, Ronquest/RNT is.

5. light'em up

light'em up New Member

Thanks for the replys. I will post when I get back and let you know how we did.

Thanks again!

6. Big Gun

Big Gun Senior Refuge Member

I spoke to three guys at dinner that had hunted two days with RNT. This was last Saturday night in Brinkley. They had shot 7 ducks that day. They had a good time but said that it was slow. I will be back that weekend myself, hope it is better than it has been.

7. bignate

bignate Elite Refuge Member

You may not have many birds around but it'd be worth it just for the company. I'd love to share a blind with Jimbo.

8. Banded One

Banded One Elite Refuge Member

I have hunted with Jim a couple of times back several years ago and can tell you that it would probably be worth the trip.
    If Jim still hunts the Old Break he use to hunt I have seen some ducks in the general area last week .
    The duck numbers picked up quite a bit last week around that area and I have started seeing more ducks than I have all year but it is still very tuff hunting as they are call shy decoy shy and you get one hunt in to get them if not they are gone for several days.