Arkansas Timber hunt for Texas coast hunt

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by Fishuhalik, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Looking to trade some of my fine Texas coast hunt for a timber hunt, preferably Arkansas but what do you got? We'd be shooting at clouds of reds, along with lots of pins, wigeon, teal (mostly gwt but good numbers of late season bwt and a shot at a cinny) gads & an assortment of divers. I have plenty of pics from the last couple years if you're interested

2. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Wish i had some good timber to trade. Sounds fun.

3. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

What do you have to trade dux? The more I look into timber hunting, the more I'm leaning towards staying away from it or just getting a guide

4. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

What part of Texas are you located

5. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

I'm in the Corpus Christi area. Been absolutely crushing pins, wigeon, teal & divers, with a few mottleds mixed in here and there

6. cholt

Man that's good to hear sounds crazy but where I'm from we don't see many pins at all so I'm making the 14 hr drive down to try to put one on the wall and knock a few off the list I will be down Jan 12 hunting the Bay Area with Texas gulf guide service not sure if you know anything about them but it's not a fully guide service so we are gonna hunt mornings and afternoons so hopefully three full days of hunting will produce one thanks for the info.

7. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

Tell ya what bud. Give the guide 2 days. If he doesn't produce any pinners for ya, hit me up and I'll get you guys some limits on your 3rd day. I don't check this site very often, but feel free to text me at 713-235-0343. I work on call 24/7 so text before ya call, cuz I might be sleeping. Hope it goes good for ya!

8. Fishuhalik

Fishuhalik Refuge Member

I've actually only been out twice this year, been too busy with work, but here's my pics. Buddies have been out crushing em every weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. cholt

Boy I appreciate that offer and believe me if we don't produce any you will be hearing from me and if u are ever up in alabama looking for some diver action let me know got some nice eastern turkey here too. It would be me and my buddy and we will pay you what we would have gave or guide nice to have good people around in this day and time most wouldn't give you the time of day when you travel to where they hunt to help someone out

10. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

I will be visiting Texas next year...Since you do get Mottleds...I could trade a Tree duck hunt in Florida ( Fulvous & Black belly) for a coastal hunt....